SimpleQuest Zero Edition

Newt

Gah, I am a big fat liar! The skill list wasn't the only rule change; filing away the character sheets I see that I also gave everyone a Luck roll (sorry I forgot that that's not in MRQ/SQ,, its so ingrained in me whenever I run/play a d100 game). FWIW I recommend its (re)introduction to SQ.

Al

Edited by Al.

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would use Hero Points to model Lucky rolls, same for Memory and Idea rolls, since the optional Plot Edit rules work well in this respect.

But this is one the beauties of keeping the game D100 compatible in that if you want to use rules from other versions of D100 you can do with minimal fuss.

Right current plan is to bash the keyboard remorselessly this weekend and release a 'SimpleQuest Zero Edition revised' after the weekend as a pdf.

It will incorporate the changes that have been suggested here and elsewhere (see my post above) and probably have a new 'cover'. It still won't be the done deal, it will still have basic DTP and typos, but I thought it be nice for all those people who are actually using the rules to have the updated version now, than potientially wait months for the final edition.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

Personally I would use Hero Points to model Lucky rolls, same for Memory and Idea rolls, since the optional Plot Edit rules work well in this respect.

That's a good idea

Right current plan is to bash the keyboard remorselessly this weekend and release a 'SimpleQuest Zero Edition revised' after the weekend as a pdf.

And that's an even better one

Al

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Good News Bad News time.

Good News : I've done the updates I wanted to SQ Zero.

Bad News: I'm probably not going to have time to put out SQ Zero Revised

Because

Good News: Doing the revisions has really given me the kick up the arse to finish of the rest. Currently I'm submitting the whole SQ book (inc adventures and setting) to my editor this Friday :D

This means that I'll be on track if there are no road bumps in either editing or layout for a Mid October final release (in time for Furnace).

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain