Western RPG

Chorpa

Another swedish RPG on kickstarter. This game has been around a long time and is now on it's 4th Edition. It started as a BRP clone with some interesting new rules bolted on but during the years it has deviated more and more from the BRP core. But it is still there. I highly recommend this game, and recently bought the Swedish books myself and I must say that the books are gorgeous with the new art from Lucas Thelin. A very solid game for people who want to explore the Wild West in all it's incarnations. If you join the Facebook group you can even talk to one of the creators of this game who is a very active member. 

• Like 2

Is this the one with the fantastic artwork? Each character template is one page, with a wonderful picture and the skills and description on the same page? If so, it looked lovely when I saw it online a few months ago.

Edited by soltakss

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

It has stunning artwork, but then all the games coming out of Sweden lately seem to have stunning art (looking at my own recent acquisitions of Symbaroum and Coriolis in particular). I think the most interesting part of Western (the rules at least) is the target overlay that you put on top of your target and your dice rolls tell you where your shot actually landed:

698ef2313d871550286f2d4faa3c011e_origina

On 2017-06-10 at 4:16 PM, soltakss said:

Is this the one with the fantastic artwork? Each character template is one page, with a wonderful picture and the skills and description on the same page? If so, it looked lovely when I saw it online a few months ago.

Yes each template has it's own page with a picture and description on the same page.

Edit: They have actually released some of the Career Templates to show of how they look like. Here is one: http://www.speltidningen.se/western/pdf/WE4_Bounty_Hunter.pdf

On 2017-06-10 at 9:48 PM, tobarstep said:

It has stunning artwork, but then all the games coming out of Sweden lately seem to have stunning art (looking at my own recent acquisitions of Symbaroum and Coriolis in particular). I think the most interesting part of Western (the rules at least) is the target overlay that you put on top of your target and your dice rolls tell you where your shot actually landed:

698ef2313d871550286f2d4faa3c011e_origina

That is one of the most interesting unique aspects of Western that has been around since the first edition that everyone seem to love. Only change from previous edition is that the template is slightly oval in shape than before where it was just a plain circle.

Edited by Chorpa

• 3 weeks later...

(Arise, stale thread!  Arise!)

Unfortunately I spent way too much on the Aces & Eights Kickstarter, mainly because of the Shot Clock.  I'll probably regret it.

Any comments about the Western system itself?

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG