Free RPG Day at Rules of Play, Cardiff

Dimbyd

Next Saturday- 17th June, Tony Parry and I will be running two tables of the Runequest quickstart, hosted by Cardiff's FLGS Rules of Play. So we'll be able to accommodate up to 10 players. Details on time and venue will follow, as it won't be held at the store itself- there's a card event going on which brings in "real money". So the Runequest loving owner is looking for a  suitable venue to hire. Once we have that, I'll let you know the arrangements. 

I know we have a fair few people who'd love to try to new edition out in South Wales, hopefully we'll see you on the day.

Andrew

• Like 5

I have had the pleasure of playing in one of Andrew's games in the past, so I am sure that it will be a fun game to play in. Pity that South Wales is such a long way from Birmingham.

Edited by soltakss

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I'm pleased to say that I'm signed up for Andrews game on Saturday. Really looking forward to the opportunity to play both the new ruleset and the rich Glorantha setting. It's been a long time. 

I'm an old fan of RuneQuest, last time I played it was in the RQ3 period. Having experienced RQ2 and RQ3, I think Chaosium had the right idea in falling back to RQ2 as a basis to build up from. Recently revisited the RQ 2 & 3 rules to refresh my memory. Really looking forward to seeing how the new game has developed. I'm sure there will be a good story to tell. 

• Like 1

Excited by the thought that we're all going to be participating in the launch of the new edition of RuneQuest from Chaosium. Also quite cool that people across the globe will be playing in the same scenario on the same day. Probably need to be on a remote Pacific island to be amoung the very first players on FreeRPG day...which other countries have freeRpg day I wonder? 

Had a brilliant day. Surprisingly exhausted by the time I got home. We probably should have stopped for lunch, but we were all so engrossed in the game, time just flew by.

Fallen back in love with RuneQuest. Combat is how I remember it - visceral. I hobbled back home feeling like my characters significant wounds were my own. Took me a while before I realised I didn't need my wounds dressed. New RuneQuest felt very familiar, but with new dimensions and greater depth thanks to the rich character backgrounds and the new passions and runes. Combined with Andrews superb GMing the game really came alive.

The climatic encounter dealt a dramatic conclusion to one of our party, who was hit by a crit accidentally  by one of our own members and killed out right. We all laughed but none so long and hard as our younger members who were playing RuneQuest for the first time.

Brilliant work Andrew - thanks so much to you, the other players participation,  and Chaosium for bringing this exceptional game back. 

• Like 3

With the exception of my friend John running 7th Sea, I have no idea what other tables were running. My mind was elsewhere.....

I had a good day, the adventure was simple enough as an introduction and distinct enough to give a feeling of the Gloranthan difference. 

• Like 2