QuickStart 2 attacks in one round?

On 9/16/2017 at 4:12 AM, Mugen said:

I agree, however, that having your fighting skill experience reduced to 0 because you use a weapon two-handed and not one-handed does not make sense.

That's the sort of thing that's ripe for houseruling to-taste, frankly, but could lead to additional complication for a rule set for groups that don't really want that crunch.

For example, one might houserule that simply wielding a weapon (vs fists) is about enough distinction up to 33%.  I mean, at that level there's no finesse, no art, it's just the basics of swinging something at a target that doesn't want to be hit.

From 34-66%% that skill might perhaps be narrowed to a specific family of weapons - 1h swords, 2h blunt, etc.

From 67%+ that skill might be narrowed further to a specific type of weapon - 1h gladius, or 2h long spear.

Thus if you were 76% in 2h greatsword and picked up a 2h katana, being of the same family, that katana skill would start at 67%.  If you knew no other weapons and picked up a 1h mace, you'd be at 33% to start instead.

On 18/09/2017 at 5:04 AM, styopa said:

That's the sort of thing that's ripe for houseruling to-taste, frankly, but could lead to additional complication for a rule set for groups that don't really want that crunch.

For example, one might houserule that simply wielding a weapon (vs fists) is about enough distinction up to 33%.  I mean, at that level there's no finesse, no art, it's just the basics of swinging something at a target that doesn't want to be hit.

From 34-66%% that skill might perhaps be narrowed to a specific family of weapons - 1h swords, 2h blunt, etc.

From 67%+ that skill might be narrowed further to a specific type of weapon - 1h gladius, or 2h long spear.

Thus if you were 76% in 2h greatsword and picked up a 2h katana, being of the same family, that katana skill would start at 67%.  If you knew no other weapons and picked up a 1h mace, you'd be at 33% to start instead.

I hadn't such a complex system in mind. One Melee skill with specialties per weapon, up to 30% would be sufficient to me.