RQG Quickstart errata thread

trystero

If ever the quickstart gets updated, I reviewed some of the rules in light of what we now have in the core RQG book 2ed printing and clarifications here on the forum. Here’s a few rule inconsistencies I picked up in the Quickstart. I believe only the two-weapon fighting point has already been mentioned:

• p16 Two weapon fighting spot rule is incorrect and makes the same mistake the core rules did in 1st printing regarding number of parries.

•p6 Opposed Resolution - “if both participants succeed, the winner is whoever rolled higher”. Suggest change to “if both participants succeed, the winner is whoever rolled the better result.”

•p6 Opposed Resolution - “A tie (where both participants succeed but roll the same number)...”. Suggest change to “A tie (where both participants succeed but roll the same type of success)

• Dodging p14. Dodge is described as usable against all attacks from one source. In the core it’s applicable against attacks from any source.

• Attack, Critical Success p14. There is no mention of what special damage is until the following bullet point on special success. Some mention of twice or double rollable damage is needed here. Suggestion - “An Attack that is not parried or dodged does the weapons full doubled rollable damage...” or alternatively “An Attack that is not parried or dodged does twice the weapons full rollable damage...” or better still introduce the core book wording and meaning of “maximum special damage” to the text.

• Attack, Critical Success p14. Suggestion in bold to align with core rules “...takes the critical’s damage (maximum possible) directly to its hps, with any remaining damage going to the defender”.

• Parry normal success vs successful attack, p14 - “Parry weapon takes 1 hit-point”. In the Core rules parry weapon only takes hit point if dam exceeds weapon hit points. Suggestion - change to “Parry weapon takes 1 hit-point if damage exceeds weapon hit points.”

• Parry normal success vs unsuccessful attack, p14 - “if attack failure, parry weapon does normal rolled damage breaking it if it exceeds the weapons hit points.” In the core rules, this is toned down to only inflicting 1 hit-point on the attacking weapon.
Suggestion change to “if attack failure, parry weapon does 1 hit-point of damage breaking it if it exceeds the weapons hit points.”

•Shields, p14.  I question the need to have separate shield parry results, as they should be the same whether weapon or shield, therefore unnecessary duplication? Having said that below are the shield points that need addressing.  

• Shield parry p14 “When a shield successfully parries a successful attack, the shield loses 1 hit point...” Suggestion - “loses 1 hit point, if damage more than its current hit points...”  to bring it in line with the core rules.

• Shield Parry p14. “If the attack is a special success and the parry successful, the shield takes the damage of the special success (rolled twice and added together)”. Suggestion change to ” If the attack is a special success and the parry successful, the shield takes the damage of the special success over its HP (rolled twice and added together).”

• Some of the attack and parry results from the core are completely  missing. I understand that the quickstart is abbreviated, but these results can come up in play.

• As with the core, missing an explanation that clearly states that parry and dodge are interchangeable in defence within a melee round, and that the cumulative minus 20% penalty applies to both regardless of what combination of the two is being used. Though only one defence attempt per attack.

Edited by Paid a bod yn dwp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 4:17 AM, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

If ever the quickstart gets updated, I reviewed some of the rules in light of what we now have in the core RQG book 2ed printing and clarifications here on the forum. Here’s a few rule inconsistencies I picked up in the Quickstart. I believe only the two-weapon fighting point has already been mentioned

+1 for this notion !

I'd love to see the RQQS product lightly-revised, and brought up to spec.

Sure... keep the QS-specific "streamlining" of RQG core; but don't preserve the "early-beta rules" derived from a playtest edition of the game!

I would buy another copy of the QS, to get one with typo's fixed and rules corrected!  Also, please include Vishi into the product, instead of making him a separate download...

Edited by g33k
Vishi

C'es ne pas un .sig