rpg.net Review of the RQG Quickstart

Steve

Ha ha as I read the (very positive) review I was ticking in my head "need to correct this, need to explain that RQ came first, etc" and then the first comment was Jason's saying exactly what I was going to, in the same order of points.

Chaosium should take the qs effort as a solid win.  It was probably a ton of work to put together, but it gave the system some fantastic exposure and should continue to generate positive word of mouth.  The biggest complaint I've heard consistently was "it doesn't come out until DECEMBER?"

Oh, and one question the reviewer had: "in what order do you declare statement of intent?" If it matters, for years we've done it in reverse-INT order: stupidest INT toon goes first, with minimal "ok you do this, then I'll..." allowed between the players before SoI. It works pretty well. Smart toons get to know everyone's plans before they decide.  Dumb ones sort of have to wing it without consultation or planning.

• Like 2

I thought I knew the authors, but I haven't yet met Jason Richard or Jeff Durall...

Given the gaffes in describing the setting as new or Roman, I would say this is an unbiased review by someone completely unfamiliar with either RQ or Glorantha. Which means that the new approach works for absolute newcomers.

• Like 6

Telling how it is excessive verbis