How do I do X in Revolution d100?

RosenMcStern

Do you mean scale of profficiency (since size scale are already handled in the rules). I guess that opponents in the same scale can use the usual skill range. But does it make any sense to oppose opponents of different scales ? Can a human fight a giant robot anyway ?

The size scale says that 1 STR points is equivalant to 2 points in the immediately lower scale. You may make your own profficiency scales (human, heroic, superhuman, demonic, godly...) and state the same for skills ? Like 25% godly = 50% demonic = 100% superhuman = 200% heroic = 400% human.

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

5 hours ago, Zit said:

Do you mean scale of profficiency (since size scale are already handled in the rules). I guess that opponents in the same scale can use the usual skill range. But does it make any sense to oppose opponents of different scales ? Can a human fight a giant robot anyway ?

The size scale says that 1 STR points is equivalant to 2 points in the immediately lower scale. You may make your own profficiency scales (human, heroic, superhuman, demonic, godly...) and state the same for skills ? Like 25% godly = 50% demonic = 100% superhuman = 200% heroic = 400% human.

cool. that works perfectly. If for example I was running a game where PCs were supernatural creatures with some kind of scale differential vs normal people, I could say PC's in there Super Werwolf form have that scale difference vs normal people.

I would really not recommend scaling skills to model supernatural/superhuman entities. I have run several superhero games, including an Avengers one-shot at the latest Kraken online, and having super characteristics is a much, much better way to handle superhumans. Of course, a characteristic at 30+ will also give you a big skill score, but a trained human will still have a slight chance against you.

Other way of "boosting" super entities could be the Improve Trait power, for instance giving Improve Endurance makes the entity really, really hard to take down. 

For giant machines, the scaling factors are damage, armour and toughness, not skill. A vehicle or metal titan has 10x the listed Toughness on the human scale, and does 10x the rolled damage. So Mazinger's fist actually does 20-40 damage to creatures (squeezes an elephant to death).

• Like 1

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM