Quickstart/RQG: Movement

AlbertG

5 hours ago, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

Yes I agree. I also think it makes it easier for the GM

Well, I sort of figured out after awhile that I could generally ignore hits of less than the locations HP value in play. I'd just track arm injured, disabled, etc. If a situation arose where a NPC got "nickeled and dimed down" in a particular hit location, the players would usually notice it and speak up, in which case I'd respond, "Oh, yeah, that right. He'd the guy that got hit already in that arm/leg/etc." and upgrade the injury

It worked out remarkably well, and saved me a ton of bookkeeping-especially for those "thirty per-centers" that the PCs were going to overwhelm shortly, anyway. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8 juli 2017 at 11:24 PM, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

- It's unclear whether HP are actually subtracted from location HP, or location HP are just a threshold for damage (Everyone plays that they are subtracted, but it's not explicit. I quite like the idea of location HP being merely a threshold to see how serious the wound is).

Ah, interesting as I have started to use a similar system as I think crossing of hp is boring and fiddly...

for me the fact that Healing is by location is a strong indication that locations take damage, also the fact that locations can not benefit from a second heal spell for 5 rounds can be an issue, especially of all you have is Healing 1 or 2, for example if your character takes 3 wounds in different locations, then they can all be healed in quick succession (thereby upping your current HP), if you have multiple wounds in one location you need to wait before rising your HP