Suggest a change or correction

RosenMcStern

• 3 weeks later...

One more thing: it should be made more clear that the first attack with a ranged weapon in a turn costs 20 SR. The only reference I can find to that is in the side bar on page 93. It can easily be missed.

Maybe a footnote in the Ranged Weapon tables is a good idea, or a repetition of the sidebar from p93 to the sidebar on p102 (Ranged Combat). Maybe both.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, not much. The philosophy in Revolution is to leverage Traits and not skills. You have the Horse Trait and you can fight, you lack it and you fight at a Penalty (no weapon Trait).

Other subtleties of mounted combat are better modeled with Stunts like Horse Archery and so on - which you may require to occupy a Ride slot. The final effect is the same, you need a good Ride skill to open up slots for the most advanced fighting techniques.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

what about using 2H weapons on horseback (*) ? The rules don't say anything about it (or I missed something), but I would at least expect a stunt to allow it, at least for some of them.

(*) ex. sarmatian konthos, hooked lance, or 2H-maces used by Mongols as depicted in some pictures. But no 2H sword or axe.

Edited by Zit

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

2 hours ago, Zit said:

Like when the roll is a failure and the unit dice bigger than the ten die ?

Seems very penalizing to me ... But might be an option for failed rolls to show off bad luck. I would only consider this as a story element, without any lasting consequences or penalties. Màybe only for Skill rolls when not engaged in a Contest.

Fumbles/Disadvantages may be useful if you want to use a number of success level greater than two, like you do with the Extended Advantage that Simon has proposed. This makes the opposed roll matrix a little bit more complicated, but not unmanageable.

It might be a good optional rule for the Companion.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM