Coming soon, from our friends at Rapier miniatures - Morokanth!

MOB

Coming soon, from our friends at Rapier miniatures - Morokanth!

"Most people of Glorantha know only these things about the morokanth; they are one of the five great tribes of Prax , and they alone herd and eat men there." (WF #9)

19756442_799668753526455_878854442014080

19275146_799668793526451_640123972343532

19642381_799668836859780_403430376057423

• Like 8

8 hours ago, soltakss said:

Is it me, or do all morokanth figures now resemble ALF?

Just around the snout and eyes

Say no to censorship

• "Did he say he was a Rune Lord or that he knew one?"
  • "Go, and never darken my towels again."
  • "Ach Crimmens! Ye smited me...ye craven. Worra, worra. What would me Mum say?"

• 1 month later...

Remember those work-in-progress Morokanth minies we posted last month? Our friends at Rapier Miniatures now have them available for pre-order, along with the Trolls they're also working on (one Dark, one Great, one Cave)—details here: http://bit.ly/2xIDqCf

Rapier says they'll be available for dispatch the week commencing Monday 23rd of October...

DI4QlqnV4AANppW.jpg DI4Qnl0UQAIhSSq.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Yelm's Light said:

I really like the Morokanth...not so much with the troll.  It looks more like a trollkin, short and squat.

The pictured Dark Troll is 35mm tall (in a line where normal humans are 28mm).

The forthcoming Cave Troll & Great Troll are planned to be 45mm's.

• Like 3

C'es ne pas un .sig

in addition, that mace falls badly afoul of my personal distaste for grossly oversized weapons... I can accept that some exaggeration in minis and such is unavoidable, but just think for a second how much a metal ball that size would weigh - yikes! The haft is about the right length for a Maul, but even then the head is silly huge. A weapon half that size would still be a Very big, heavy one-handed mace.

The body does seem to be upright and squished downwards, with most of the thighs missing, rather than crouching properly, which would bring everything much closer to correct proportions. 

I do like his face quite well, though. And hooray for Uz!

17 hours ago, boztakang said:

in addition, that mace falls badly afoul of my personal distaste for grossly oversized weapons... I can accept that some exaggeration in minis and such is unavoidable, but just think for a second how much a metal ball that size would weigh - yikes! The haft is about the right length for a Maul, but even then the head is silly huge. A weapon half that size would still be a Very big, heavy one-handed mace.

I was willing to accept that the troll is just that much stronger than a human (or possibly has some sort of Rune Magic "Holy Maul of the Dark Mother" or the like, making an oversized weapon manageable, or enlarging a normal weapon but making it feel/act like original-size).  I agree that the weapon seems over-large, and some re-framing concept is needed.

The body does seem to be upright and squished downwards, with most of the thighs missing, rather than crouching properly, which would bring everything much closer to correct proportions.

In use, I think I might say that this troll has run afoul of the Curse of Kin in some unusual way...  :huh:

I do like his face quite well, though. And hooray for Uz!

Yeah, me too!

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 9/7/2017 at 10:39 AM, g33k said:

In use, I think I might say that this troll has run afoul of the Curse of Kin in some unusual way...  :huh:

Trolls, in general, ARE much more variable in appearance than humans... but this fellow would still be a bit of an outlier. The Curse of Kin is not good about respecting symmetry, so to have both thighs reduced and both arms grown by the same amount on each side would be highly unlikely (though not impossible, of course).

While I will NOT be including a "Holy Maul of the Dark Mother" to permit over-sized weapon use by Uz in any supplement I have creative control over (grr! bad!! we hates it), I could possibly get behind a  "Warhammer of Warhammer(tm)" sorcery spell to allow Iron Mostali to be represented by more commonly available minis. (well, not really, but it's funny enough to me that I'm willing to propose the idea)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1