10baseT

Hi Folks, who runs the Bullpen? Is it Aeolian knights or more traditional Storm Bull and Orlanthi? And now that the Red Moon temple is gone from Sartar... did these battles get rid of Queen Jab or is her Queendom still present. (Wondering if the Bullpen is still watching for incursions from the print.. well, those may always be there but curious about the Queendom). I appreciate the help. Thx, Gil

Hmmm, you're right, this helps.

I may have read something in a Tradetalk, TotRM or Kaethela.fr. It's on the map in the Dragon Pass Gazetteer but isn't in the GtG. I could flesh it out then. Taking into account the Fish Road goes up the Siphon, past Bullpen and into Thumb lake and who would be in a village that sits in the heel of the print. Maybe wooden watch towers like in The 13th Warrior? Anyway, using whatever data to influence the flesh out. Thanks for that info. G

On 11/07/2017 at 5:20 AM, 10baseT said:

And now that the Red Moon temple is gone from Sartar... did these battles get rid of Queen Jab or is her Queendom still present.

Given that this was a stretch goal for 13th Age Glorantha with an adventure and the date of that is around 1627, no.

13thag__scorpion_queen_by_merlkir-d8np3o

The demigoddess Scorpion Queen of Jab plays a big role in our $95k stretch goal.
Here are some art notes on her:
She has the chest, head, and arms of a woman, but the abdomen and legs of a grotesquely huge scorpion and two venomous tails (draft shows only one tail - final will show both)! She is some 3 meters tall and over 8 meters long.
Woman body: Gagix has the chest, head, and arms of a queenly woman. She has long black hair, yellow eyes, and wears a golden diadem with the Runes of Chaos, Beast, and Man given to her by the previous Lunar Governor-General of Dragon Pass. Her teeth are sharp and there is blood around her mouth. She is watching the Red Goddess priestess with regal interest.
She wears a vest or bodice (note: she is NOT busty - she is not truly mammalian). Her arms are covered in jewelry taken from her dead victims, and she has many necklaces draped around her neck. She is NOT tattooed. Around her waist (which connects to her scorpion body), she wears a loose girdle of human heads.
Scorpion body: Gagix has the abdomen, tail, stinger, and eight legs of a gigantic, bloated, black scorpion. She does not have pincers or Chelicerae. Her scorpion body is over 8 meters long.

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:20 AM, 10baseT said:

And now that the Red Moon temple is gone from Sartar... did these battles get rid of Queen Jab or is her Queendom still present.

By 1626 Queen Gagix Two-barb and her Chaos demons were ravaging central Heortland and captured the fortified city of Backford.

• Like 3

This feeding for rebirth looks quite a bit different from what I sort of expected - that the queen would dislocate her lower jar grotesquely and swallow the rebirthee more or less whole.

But then the rebirth brings back only part of the previous entity, so getting chewed up may be good enough. I wonder what she does with the bones.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Thank you for that extra info... i did the 13th Age Glor KS and forgot what the stretch goals were. For the adventure i was rewriting, i guess Backford wont be the starting place now. (Maybe Sklar... needs to be on the Siphon). I love that picture. Much more detail since i saw it last and nice detailed description, thank you. If she rebirthed a Thanatari with heads, well, nevermind.

On 7/11/2017 at 5:20 AM, 10baseT said:

Hi Folks, who runs the Bullpen? Is it Aeolian knights or more traditional Storm Bull and Orlanthi?

In my Glorantha, Bullpen is the second largest Storm Bull place, after the Block. It is a temple complex and acts as a garrison. It guards against the chaos that erupts from the Footprint. Every generation or so, some Storm Khan gets the Storm Bullers fired up and they march off to the Footprint to purge it of chaos, with varying results. Interestingly, the Storm Bullers of Oxhead also get fired up once a generation and march off to fight a crusade against Chaos in Dorastor, but they very rarely come back and, even then, don't come back the same.

And now that the Red Moon temple is gone from Sartar... did these battles get rid of Queen Jab or is her Queendom still present. (Wondering if the Bullpen is still watching for incursions from the print.. well, those may always be there but curious about the Queendom). I appreciate the help. Thx, Gil

Queen Jab is not really connected to the Lunars, I think. Sure, they try to ally her and she could probably be persuaded to help the Lunars, but she has no loyalty or allegiance to them. At some point, chaos erupts from the Footprint and Snakepipe Hollow to assist the Lunars, but how much is through allegiance and how much is merely the manipulation of Primal Chais, I don't know.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here