Gazira from Secrets of Japan

Any resemblance to kaiju living, dead, or currently on film schedule hiatus are purely coincidental. :innocent:

All credit to Michael Dziesinski's "Secrets of Japan" for "Call of Cthulhu". Whether you play "Call of Cthulhu" or not (and why aren't you?), this is a valuable resource for BRP gaming in modern Japan. The stats presented are within the confines of the "Call of Cthulhu" rule set. BRP offers a more robust ruleset and I would advise the GM interested in converting "Gazira" for use in a superpowered campaign to do so (see my Suggested/Optional Powers below).

GAZIRA (GAH-ZEE-RAH), Smasher of Cities/Occasional Defender of the Earth vs. UFOs

STR 50

CON 50

SIZ 90

INT 6

POW 15

DEX 15

MOV 8

HP 70

Damage Bonus: +8D6

Weapons: Stomp 90%, damage 3D6+8D6

Breath Radioactive Fire 60%, Damage 8d6, Range 1000 yards

Hand Grasp Regular Person 45%, Damage 1D6+8D6

Armor: 15 point scales. Bullets will not penetrate hide, but missiles are effective

Sanity Loss: 1/1D10

Suggested/Optional Skills & Powers: Based on film evidence, I suggest adding Brawl 80%, Dodge 50%, Fly Awkwardly 40%, Grapple Kaiju 50%, Jump 50%, Panic Large Numbers of People 75%, Sense 50%, Survive to Spawn Sequel or Reboot 75%, Spot 75%, Swim 80%, Survive Bad Reimagining 90%, Tail Sweep 80% for 5D6 damage (including damage bonus), Wreck Man-made Structure 90%

Absorption (Radiation at 5 levels) (see p. 147 of the BRP rulebook), Extra Energy (see BRP rules p.157 subject to GM discretion), Regeneration (suggested at 25 levels, see page 159 of BRP rulebook) allowing Gazira to heal 25 points of damage at the end of the combat round as long as there are power points left to fuel this ability. Also, on p.231 of the BRP rulebook you will find the "Radiation Effects Table." One could surmise that his radiation fire is the equivalent to a Moderate or Medium level of exposure on top of the actual burn damage.

Edited by FunGuyFromYuggoth
Fixed blocked links.

Roll D100 and let the percentiles sort them out.

Thanks for that! I am a lowly padawan in the Wiki and was barely able to post it.

The stats are a direct copy (only with some cursory notes for super powers) of the one featured SoJ. Since Hit Locations are Optional and not usually included in "Call of Cthulhu," I chose not to put them up. My guess is considering how monstrously large he is, hit location is probably a lot less useful and the GM will have to decide what area they happen to facing If one were (dumb) to stand and try to engage him mano y mano, it would probably be (for melee):

01-10 Right Leg

11-20 Left Leg

:D

Whozilla? I wouldn't want to suggest that I took this from a printed publication on sale for profit (albeit a slim one) was by itself an infringement of copyright. :o

Edited by FunGuyFromYuggoth

Roll D100 and let the percentiles sort them out.

Since Hit Locations are Optional and not usually included in "Call of Cthulhu," I chose not to put them up. My guess is considering how monstrously large he is, hit location is probably a lot less useful and the GM will have to decide what area they happen to facing If one were (dumb) to stand and try to engage him mano y mano, it would probably be (for melee):

01-10 Right Leg

11-20 Left Leg

:D

:lol: Hehe, you might be right on that one!

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Secrets of Japan was never really up to snuff for a Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you've reminded me how much fun it would make as a BRP campaign, with stomping kaiju, fuku-clad super-powered schoolgirls and rampant not-so-subtle allusions to Yankee supremest arrogance...

:thumb:

~ Britannia Waives The Rules ~

Kingdom of the Blind: Call of Cthulhu roleplaying in 1920s Britain...

Its Time Come Round: Setting and campaign/arc for H.P. Lovecraft's End Times (release: on hiatus)

Slaves of Freedom: Roleplaying in a world of Revolutions, alchemical magicks, fantasy monsters and powdered-wigs (release: TBA)

Secrets of Japan was never really up to snuff for a Call of Cthulhu campaign

Agreed.

but you've reminded me how much fun it would make as a BRP campaign, with stomping kaiju, fuku-clad super-powered schoolgirls and rampant not-so-subtle allusions to Yankee supremest arrogance...

This book is just full-packed with great ideas. I would certainly recommend it as a must-have on top of RQ Land of Ninja or MRQ Land of the Samurai for any Japanese fantasy/historical campaign.

Any resemblance to kaiju living, dead, or currently on film schedule hiatus are purely coincidental. :innocent:

All credit to Michael Dziesinski's "Secrets of Japan" for "Call of Cthulhu". Whether you play "Call of Cthulhu" or not (and why aren't you?), this is a valuable resource for BRP gaming in modern Japan. The stats presented are within the confines of the "Call of Cthulhu" rule set. BRP offers a more robust ruleset and I would advise the GM interested in converting "Gazira" for use in a superpowered campaign to do so (see my Suggested/Optional Powers below).

Gazira would make a good adversary for the giant robot on pages358/9 of the new book.:eek::eek::thumb:

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)