Heroquests

Bohemond

46 minutes ago, Zit said:

Where are typical Uz quests to be found ?

Some of those listed quests are ones that Uz might perform, e.g. the Hill of Gold is used by various cults in their own versions, including Zorak Zoran.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve said:

Some of those listed quests are ones that Uz might perform, e.g. the Hill of Gold is used by various cults in their own versions, including Zorak Zoran.

This why I suggested that the protagonists and antagonists might be listed

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, metcalph said:

Use the talk pages rather than this forum to discuss wiki style please

For those who are struggling to find the Talk pages (including me), when signed in use the dropdown next to the Edit button, it's at the bottom.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

38 minutes ago, David Scott said:

For those who are struggling to find the Talk pages (including me), when signed in use the dropdown next to the Edit button, it's at the bottom.

They recently changed it and I am still haven't caught up with many of the other changes.

Just found another heroquest in The Eleven Lights - Three New Stars.

The Eleven Lights looks totally amazing. My jaw keeps dropping as I flick through it (haven't had time to read it properly) and I see what kind of stuff is in it.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, David Scott said:

4 hours ago, metcalph said:

They recently changed it and I am still haven't caught up with many of the other changes.

6 hours ago, metcalph said:

Use the talk pages rather than this forum to discuss wiki style please

One recurring theme of Uz quests is the pattern of "Things were great! Then Big Evil came and ruined everything. But we survive." 

vastly simplified examples:

Boztakang - I'm crawling around in the dark, hooray! Hey, what's going on in that pit/crack/whatever??? ogod chaos eww! But I beat it, and tell my friends in case it comes back.

Three spirits in darkness - We's chillin in the dark, hooray! Hey, what's this new thing? ogod Aether, eww! But I (bit it in the fase/turned my back/snuck a peak) so I can deal with it now.

Battle of Hanroo field- Wonderhome, hooray! OGOD IT BURNS, IT BURRRNS!! but we snuck away via the backhill path, and komor is better than oblivion, I guess...

In many situations, Uz turn the Heroes Journey on it's head - they are the "unknown" violated by outsiders, and have to find a way to muddle through afterwards. They are also the Ravenous Monsters who seem to be conquering all until something small and bright and apparently harmless undoes them against all odds. (Nysalor/pretty much any human adventuring party ever)

I know that's not the specifics you are looking for, but It might help in winging HQs from the Uz point of view.

• Like 4

On 31/07/2017 at 9:10 AM, Zit said:

Where are typical Uz quests to be found ?

You can quite easily create some Uz heroquests. Just read up on some of the Uz myths (e.g. the Guide to Glorantha, Trollpak) and see what the Uz gods did. Hey presto you have some heroquest ideas!

7 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

On defunct James Frusetta's Wonderhome site (web.archive.org being your friend), James proposed some Uz HQ encounters as well as Heroquesting Birth and Heroquesting Trollball :)!

Let me make myself clear.  I am not looking for suggestions on how to make up Uz quests.  Somebody suggested that the Heroquest page had left out the Uz quests and my question was an attempt to find out what Uz quests was talking about.

What I am asking for is published Uz quests and where they can be found (e.g. Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes).  That is only what I was asking for.  What I want is something that  I can put on a page of published heroquests.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, 7Tigers said:

There is also an heroquest in The Four Scrolls of Revelation', the C02 convention book (2002):
An Earth Mystery by Charles Corrigan, 2 pages.

I'd completely forgotten that. 15 years ago!

Brain melt - must be caused by my sons ;-)