Heroquests

Bohemond

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 5:32 AM, 7Tigers said:

There is also an heroquest in The Four Scrolls of Revelation', the C02 convention book (2002):
An Earth Mystery by Charles Corrigan, 2 pages.

I find this one a bit frustrating, because the myth is never explained. It's handled entirely from the perspective of male PCs, which mean that running it with female PCs becomes a problem, because they would presumably participate in the portion of the quest that done 'off-stage'. So basically, if you have any female player characters, you can't really run the one unless you want to make up all the unexplained material. 

3 hours ago, Bohemond said:

I find this one a bit frustrating, because the myth is never explained. It's handled entirely from the perspective of male PCs, which mean that running it with female PCs becomes a problem, because they would presumably participate in the portion of the quest that done 'off-stage'. So basically, if you have any female player characters, you can't really run the one unless you want to make up all the unexplained material. 

That's deliberate. I saw an opportunity to write a HeroQuest that looked as if it could be fun, have a bit of mystery, and not have to do all the hard bits. So that's what I did.

2 hours ago, Charles said:

That's deliberate. I saw an opportunity to write a HeroQuest that looked as if it could be fun, have a bit of mystery, and not have to do all the hard bits. So that's what I did.

Sure. I get that. It just really limits who the scenario can be run for. Pretty much all my Glorantha gaming groups have had female players in them, so I've never gotten to run this one. 

• 2 weeks later...