Down Darker Trails - Corrections Thread

Mike M

The text on "the key citizens of Pawheton" of page 185 is spaced all wrong and hard to read.  San Rafael has the same problem on page 199.  Actually after looking I believe all the boxes that show named NPC's In the book have this problem.  Page 201 is another I ran into.

Edited by litebritedeath

• 4 weeks later...

Correction:

Down Darker Trails - Historical West -  p79 - column 2, Indian Tribes - lines 7-8 (re. Five Civilized Tribes, lists them as Cherokees, Choctaws, Delawares, Kickapoos, Shawnees.

This is incorrect - and should be Choctaw, Chickasaw, Cherokee, Creek, and Seminole.

We are updating the PDF file and checking whether we have time to insert the correction at print.

Weapon Tables - The weapon tables are missing the Date column 

Page 46 - The combat example 

In the example Brock's handgun fires up to 3 bullets per round.  All the typical hand guns are listed with only being able to shoot once per round.  Are there some guns missing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2017 at 9:07 AM, Kinjin said:

Weapon Tables - The weapon tables are missing the Date column 

Page 46 - The combat example 

In the example Brock's handgun fires up to 3 bullets per round.  All the typical hand guns are listed with only being able to shoot once per round.  Are there some guns missing?

Yes - my fault! - Handguns table - uses per round states 1 for each entry - this in fact should be: 1 (3)  - just like the ones in the Rulebook.

Edited by Mike M

• 5 months later...

Recently flipped through my copy of Down Darker Trails and found some things for the errata.

Page 15 - Table 7: Cash and Assets - This table should be either Table 3 or Table 4, not Table 7. Also in the Key at the bottom of the table, change the order of ”Spending Level” and ”Assets” to better match the table.

Pages 10-29 - A table is missing from these pages (or something hasn’t been labeled as a table, that should have been), either Table 3 or Table 4. Depends on what number the Cash and Assets table on page 15 is supposed to have.

Page 36 - Horses, Other Mounts, and Cattle - The first sentence, in the last paragraph, in the left column - The sentence starts with: ”Also included in the statistics below…”. Move the period to after the quotation mark, and also put in a space before the second sentence.

Page 42 - Heavy Weapons, Explosives - Dynamite (per stick) - The damage is ”4D10/ 3 yards”, what does the 3 yards mean? If it is correct, then I would suggest to add an asterisk with a explanation. Perhaps also add a radius/diameter of the explosion to the explanation as well.

Page 42 - Heavy Weapons, Explosives - .58 Gatling Gun* - The asterisk has no explanation. A guess is that the note: ”Gatling Gun is capable of impaling with an Extreme Success.” is missing an asterisk in front of it? Or is it something else?

Page 43 - Melee Weapons - Whip - The whip has a Base Range of 10 yards/meters. I’m no expert on whips, but shouldn’t it be a lot shorter? Isn’t a normal length more around 2,5-3 yards/meters? And a really, really long one is around 6-7 yards/meters? (If they even were available that long at that time?) Even the lasso has a shorter Base Range at 5 yards/meters.

Page 48 - Table 10: Vehicle Ratings and Speed - Both ”Horse (standard quality) with rider” and ”Horse (good quality) with rider" - In the Passengers column for both of these there is an asterisk after the ”1”, which has no explanation. What was this asterisk supposed to explain?

Page 248 - Index - Under ”T” - The entry ”Texas” should be moved to under the entry ”Talent”.

Page 248 - Index - Under ”X” - Shouldn’t the two entries under ”X” change order?

Page 253 - First page of the Character Sheet - The red decoration lines that most pages have at both the top and bottom of the page, are showing through the character sheet.

---

The current PDF - The PDF seems to mess with PDF Readers. First of all, the Cover-page seem to be pretty heavy to read/load for PDF readers. Depending on the Reader, different things happens, some times it will read all pages as white blank pages, some times it will take some time to load each page and other strange behaviours. Even Adobe Reader seem to be having problems with the PDF at times. (I have tried the PDF on more then one computer.)

My guess is that it is the Cover-page that is the problem, it seems rather intense to load for the Readers. Some won’t even load a preview of the Cover.

I have read somewhere of others having problems with this PDF, but I don’t remember where.

Perhaps something could be done so the PDF works better?

Forgot some errata in my last post:

Page 40 - Key - Change the order of Cost: and Malfunction:, to better match the order in the tables.

Page 40 - Key - Date: - This has been reported before, but perhaps remove the Date-row, since none of the weapon-tables contain a Date-column?

Page 41 - Rifles - I’m no Gun expert, but I find it strange that when comparing the two Winchester Rifles and their Carbine versions, the normal version of the .44-40 has 18 Bullets, while its Carbine version has 7 Bullets. And then the normal .45 version has 14 Bullets, but its Carbine version has 17 Bullets. I feel like the Carbine version of the .45 version shouldn’t hold that many Bullets?

Page 41 - Rifles - .44-40 Winchester ’73 Rifle - change the Base Range to ”80 (50)”, just as the .45 Winchester says two rows below.

A little update on whips. I wrote the following in my last post:
Page 43 - Melee Weapons - Whip - The whip has a Base Range of 10 yards/meters. I’m no expert on whips, but shouldn’t it be a lot shorter? Isn’t a normal length more around 2,5-3 yards/meters? And a really, really long one is around 6-7 yards/meters? (If they even were available that long at that time?) Even the lasso has a shorter Base Range at 5 yards/meters.

So since the current Base Range for whips are 10 yards, we could interpret it as a whip could be used at up to 40 yards/meter, at Extreme difficulty though. Which is just way too long.

And the lengths for whips that I mentioned above, were the total length of the whips and not the Base Range. So for a normal whip that is around 2,5-3 yards/meters long, I don’t know what a good Base Range would be for it.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I just found an errata in the Down Darker Trails printed book.

Page #15.

In Table 7: Cash and assets it reads “1930’s Credit Rating” I guess that Pulp Cthulhu was used as a template and this line wasn’t changed.

Hector.

B8E7ABFC-A625-49B4-B7F8-6DF2E118E385.jpeg

Edited by Hector Gamiz

• 4 years later...

Foreword: I am not a weapon expert.

Reading the shotguns weapons table (p42) I noticed that the prices follow a decreasing order while efficacy of the weapons grows so the shotgun with the less damage (the other characteristics are the same for all of them) costs more then the better one.
Misprint? If yes, how to correct it?

• Like 2