Add to How do I Do X ...

Archivist

Someone on RPGNet said that they were told how to splice in a different D100 combat system into D100. Can you post how that was done?

How do you model something like a build up / spend down / endanger resource? Example: Demon the Descent Cover

1. When Demon's "go loud" or do things out of character when in one of their cover forms, it reduces their "cover" (their ability to pass) and attracts the attention of the God Machines' agents;

2. When Demon's make pacts with mortals, they get some or all of that mortal's identity to build up their cover.

3. When Demon's transform quickly and violently, they use up all of their cover.

Base their Resolution Points on their WIL,as normal. However, if they go loud then they must win an Opposed Contest against an enemy's INT/Perception in order to escape detection, any Conequences gained are a function of them going loud and might help enemy agents find them. When mortals make Pacts with them, that boosts their Resolution Points, thus making it easier to pass undetected. If they transform quickly and violently, they cannot even attempt an Opposed Roll and are automatically found out. Afterwards, they can hide but based on WIL without any bonuses.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

That's so good soltkass. I think that's better than the original mechanic in Chronicles of Darkness.

How do we represent adding / maintaining cover? For example, I make a deal with someone to heal their cancer, so now I get to add to my cover their relationship with their wife (now I'm married to the wife in my cover, and reality rewrites itself around this so this has always been the case and everything now makes sense). The advantage of doing stuff like this is that it's easier for me to hide from the God Machine.

Maintaining cover would just be an ability or Power, probably an Innate Power of the demon.

Would you need to do something to start the cover? 

If you did, then perhaps the very Pact itself gives you an ability.

In Revolution d100 terms, you would have a Trait of Cover under the Concentration skill. This Trait would have a number of Stunts, you could model each type of Cover as a Stunt. So, in the example above, you would have a freeform Stunt of "Married to Esmerelda" that would be used to cover your true nature. Your skill in any Opposed Contest would be Concentration [Cover] and you would use the Stunt to, perhaps, evade detection be behaving as a normal husband.

Please bear in mind that I am not familiar with Demon: The Descent or Chronicles of Darkness, so I have probably got it all wrong.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

nope, that's actually pretty accurate. You buy pieces of people's lives, and then can use it to hide from agents of the god machine (you can also kind of use things associated with what you buy, so if buy someone's job, then you can kind of do their job using the cover).

Sweet!

Well, whaddyaknow!

It just goes to show that Revolution d100 mechanics seem to fit these situations pretty well.

The more I use them, the more impressed I am.

• Like 1