Guide to Glorantha Group Read Week 9 errors

This is a place where you can post any errors you spot in the Week 9 Guide to Glorantha Group Read. Please note that there will be a different thread each week to post errors.

This weeks page range is page 166 up to and including page 198. Please include the text to be corrected and the correction.

@Rick Meints has clarified versions of the Guide, please check your errors against the latest PDF:

The most up to date version of the PDFs is on Chaosium.com

Anyone who has purchased the PDFs can get the latest copy there, although you will have to have an account set up on Chaosium.com, and you may also have to have Dustin add the PDFs to your list of previous purchases. We have records for who purchased the PDFs on Glorantha.com, but we did not automatically add them onto chaosium.com

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

p.168/171 - on p.168 (Starbrow Rebellion box) Fazzur Wideread's hair is described as black. But on p.171 (2nd paragraph) his head is said to have "grey hair". If I'm not mistaken these are descriptions around the same time, and this isn't just an ageing thing.

p.191 - Religion, "Balazarings religion" should either be "Balazarings' religion" or "Balazaring religion".

1 hour ago, Steve said:

p.168/171 - on p.168 (Starbrow Rebellion box) Fazzur Wideread's hair is described as black. But on p.171 (2nd paragraph) his head is said to have "grey hair". If I'm not mistaken these are descriptions around the same time, and this isn't just an ageing thing.

The meeting atop or just below Larnste's Table occurred in 1613 (at age 49) and ended the Starbrow Rebellion, while the current year of the Guide is 1621 (age 57). Looking around my friends at this age, there is a distinct trend to rapid greying around this age (provided they still have enough hair to change color). 

For all his Lunar veneer, Fazzur is from a Heortling culture which praises male vanity, and may have dyed his hair earlier before going to a "wisdom of age" look after becoming governor.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

2 hours ago, Steve said:

p.191 - Religion, "Balazarings religion" should either be "Balazarings' religion" or "Balazaring religion".

or Votanki, as not all "Balazarings" worship him as an ancestor, but they all worship Votank.

Edited by Dogboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Minor glitch, that came to my attention only today (roughly 4 years late):

p.172, left column:

Serternas the Bright, Count and High Priest of Sun County: The fourth ruler of Sun County since its founding, Serternas became Count in 1612. ...

Shouldn't that be:
"Serternas the Bright, Count and High Priest of Sun Dome County:"
and
"The fourth ruler of Sun Dome County since its founding,"

At least for me it was a bit confusing, when reading this while cross-checking the Sun County timeline, because at the same time Solanthos Ironpike became the ruler of Sun County.

Edited by Oracle