RuneQuest rules at Gen Con

Charlie D.

3 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

To those who were fortunate enough to accure a copy, how does character generation work? Is is like RQ2, EQ3, BRP? Judging from some of the posts it seems a little Pendragonish with the background stuff, but does any of this lifepath stuff actually affect game stats and mechanics, or are they just there to flesh out the character for roleplaying.

I second this question, as character generation seems to have the most flux over the editions.  Secondly I'd be interested in hearing about the magic systems, especially sorcery.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

I second this question, as character generation seems to have the most flux over the editions.  Secondly I'd be interested in hearing about the magic systems, especially sorcery.  

Seconded.

Sorcery is the only magic system that wasn't in RQ2, the RQ3 version was "much reviled" by the powers that be, and we've seen only the vaguest hints about it.

Very much looking forward to seeing the new implementation.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, styopa said:

Seconded.

Sorcery is the only magic system that wasn't in RQ2, the RQ3 version was "much reviled" by the powers that be, and we've seen only the vaguest hints about it.

RQ3 sorcery was fine, except in the Gloranthan context. I used it for outsider characters in my Viking-based fantasy campaign without major difficulties. Only the POW economy that would have supported the huge amounts of enchantments required for a functional high-level sorcerer didn't work out in my campaign.

As a Malkioni form of magic, RQ3 sorcery hit all the wrong associations with its familiars.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

• 6 months later...
On 8/23/2017 at 2:26 PM, g33k said:

I shouldn't like too much of the line to be "antiqued" like they were 3000-year-old archeological finds.

Presumably, in the world of Glorantha, most of the coins are newer than that!

Did this Kick?  I completely forgot about them, but do not see them on KickStarter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bryon1187 said:

Did this Kick?  I completely forgot about them, but do not see them on KickStarter.

No   (or at least, not yet).

The "Campaign Coins" account on KS has 4 successful projects, none of them this one.

CampaignCoins.com has zero search-results for "Glorantha" or "Gloranthan" (82 hits for "kickstarter").   Google has zero hits for Glorantha on "site:campaigncoins.com"

===

If this is still a Thing, I expect they are holding off a bit longer to time it to the release of the RQG product.

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 hours ago, kaydet said:

Since it was supposed to launch in February, it would be nice to get some kind of update.

I was pretty excited about the project.

I am utterly unsure whether this IS or is not happening.  At this point, you might query the mfg directly.

But if it IS ... then my best guess would be they are either NDA'ed quiet, or waiting to make any announcement (pending firm info from their licensor, Chaosium); when Chaosium gives them firm dates for RQG, they will revamp & re-publish their KS plans.

C'es ne pas un .sig

Not really criticising the manufacturer, just observing that they already announced a release date for the Kickstarter and that date has come and gone. It would make sense for Chaosium to release some kind of statement as to its status.

To be clear, I'm not one of those people who needs an update every week in a product. I understand that plans change, products are delayed, and unexpected obstacles arise. That being said, when a date has been announced, and that date comes past, it would be nice to have some kind of update -- even if it's just to say that the product has been delayed, but it's still in the works with a release date to be determined.

28 minutes ago, kaydet said:

Not really criticising the manufacturer, just observing that they already announced a release date for the Kickstarter and that date has come and gone. It would make sense for Chaosium to release some kind of statement as to its status.

Hmm.  I think that announcement would come from Campaign Coins (not Chaosium); but I guess that'd depend on the licensing agreement between them.

Also, as I mentioned, there may be some NDA in place that requires them not to make any public statement at this time; or they may just have decided unilaterally that they won't announce until the core product is closer; or... well, ask them.   ;)

27 minutes ago, kaydet said:

... That being said, when a date has been announced, and that date comes past, it would be nice to have some kind of update...

Fair enough (in fact, I agree with you).

C'es ne pas un .sig