Anime superobots

RosenMcStern

I would rather use the x10 damage rule, with 15d6 being (1d8+1)x10. This way you can have more granularity for armor or hit points

Uh, could you clarify? I think it works out about the same as far an the granularity for armor/HP goes. Since you are mutiplying by 10, then 102 or 107 HP would end up being the same in practical terms.

Smart! This could also solved the "The Thing vs. The Hulk" problem posed in the other thread.

Well, What I thought was that the resistance table is set for up to a 20 point difference at 5% per point. Since 20x5%=100%, we could divide 100% by the "range" to get a % per point number. Its not really fair to the high STR characters, but fits the world of comics/managa better. Basically the farther away you get from "normal" the less the actual difference seems to matter. Any character than can throw a tank, seems to be strng enough to be able to grapple with the Hulk or Superman and not just get shaken off automatically.

It is not that difficult anyway. SIZ comes out of tonnage, and STR and POW are easily worked out of the reactor output (kW power divided by 10).

The kw/10 thing, is that official or a house rule? That would put a 750 hp engine at around STR 56. Or are you using the 1/10th rule for large size vehicle/mecha only, where the SIZ table seems to "flatten out"?

Sorry to sidetrack, just that an actual conversion to STR bea big help in my nvelicle design rules. Currently I am using a x2 hp/KW =b +8 STR for up to STR 150 or so, and a more linear conversion for STR 150+. SO a STR 80 Truck ends up much stronger than ten STR 8 characters (combined STR 32 rather than STR 80).

She stated she has lived in the Land of the Rising Sun for some time, so I suppose she knows some Jap.

So ka.

Maho Shoujo Shaira? :cool:

I guess we'll see if Shai-chan reads this thread. :D

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

• 2 months later...

Somehow I missed this thread the first time it came to town...

Cool stuff!

So... any ideas where Ultraman would fit in against these towering mechs?

I'm thinking he's not entirely mechanical... but I'm not sure what the 'official' fluff has to say about that. I'm not even clear on what his powers are... just that he looks cool fighting off 60s era Kaiju.

EDIT: of course Wikepedia has a nice breakdown of Ultraman's various powers and the equipment of the Science Patrol...

Edited by Simlasa

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Given the mecha stats presented in this thread; was a framework used to match hit points to mass (besides BRP size)?

Is there currently anything for BRP that is similar to Mekton mecha construction templates?

I can see that BRP provides a lot of freedom in creating anything we want, however I am looking for a 'balanced' construction system that has other limitations besides total construction points. For example, fuel and engines vs weight and speed, limits on weapon hard points, weapon size, armour limitations per servo size and so on.

I guess that such a system would be genre specific and arbitrary, however some kind of generic starting point would be good.

I am tempted to develop a construction system framework for BRP. Any ideas?

Would I be duplicating existing effort and does a project already exist that I can collaborate with?

Given the mecha stats presented in this thread; was a framework used to match hit points to mass (besides BRP size)?

No. Just SIZ=tonnage given in "official" Toei stats, and HP=SIZ (with location HPs consistent with general HP)

Is there currently anything for BRP that is similar to Mekton mecha construction templates?

See Kloster's post in the other thread.

I am tempted to develop a construction system framework for BRP. Any ideas?

Would I be duplicating existing effort and does a project already exist that I can collaborate with?

Well, in fact I am planning something similar. The stats for UC Mechas are already in the making though not published, I want to run a mecha game at Tentacles. But I have not created any "generic" rules at the moment, just used published stats. So you wouldn't be duplicating anything. But what you write could be re-used later.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM