Stats for NPCS: Starbrow, Fazzur, Argrath, etc

CruelDespot

8 hours ago, Tywyll said:

One of the problems I have with dead gods... I mean, since everything of GodTime exists and heck can even be visited if powerful enough, why can't you worship a dead god and have the it from 'before' its death respond? 

Worked for the Seven Mothers! 

A lot depends on the status of the Dead God within Time as well as its status outside Time. Consider Genert. Genert is a dead god. Within Time, there are parts of him all over the place: the Copper Sands, hyena skin, etc. Until he's appropriately reassembled within Time, you can't worship him. However, if you go to the Green Age, or the Golden Age, you can still meet and interact with Genert. You could likely go to his death and dismemberment and even gain some of Genert's blood or the like and return with it (or whatever it did for you). But attempts to worship him still fail.

So, if you want to worship the dead god, you're going to need to find things of that deity that exist within Time so that you can effectively resurrect him.  You can see a bit of this in the old Nomad Gods game where if you collect all the Parts of Tada, and bring them to Tada's High Tumulus where the dead god is buried, then you can resurrect that Dead God.

Another example is in the Eleven Lights where you can restore/resurrect three dead gods and have them become part of Orlanth's Ring, and able to be worshiped again.

6 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Seriously, cool! Send me scurrying on a search. References, books and pages if you would be so kind.

In current print...

G2G, vol.1, several but most notably page 27.
G2G, vol.2, several but most notably page 589.

For some brute mechanics, you can track down the original Gods of Glorantha under the entry for Hykim & Mikyh.

There a couple of tantalising threads here with even more tantalising (and generally out-of-reach) resources, few of which agree with one another. 

!i!

[Here's one of the threads I mentioned.  In it is an even more deeply nested thread on the same topic.  And somewhere, somewhere, I have a copy of the totally non-canon Basmoli article from Tales of the Reaching Moon No.14.]

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Thanks 2

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

I doubt the Basmoli have changed much since previous editions - I expect they will be covered under Hykim and Mikyh in the Gods of Glorantha book as in previous editions. 

The important factor here is that Basmol was killed, and skinned, by Tada, This seemed to result in lions becoming extinct in Prax. But it doesn't seem to have stopped them wielding their magic at all. 

An argument could be made that Basmol died but Basmola did not or something similar? 

• Like 1