The [House Rules] Yes, but... thread taught me a lesson.  I put some work in my gaming aids and I should share them because they could be useful to someone else. Let's start by a summary of the character creation rules of HQ2 and HQG: HQ2G_Character_Creation_Summary.docx The basic contest rules: HQG_Basic_Contest_Rules.docx My three panel screen (from left to right): The first two files are for those that prefer separated Simple Contest Results and Extended Contest Resolution Points tables: HQG_SCREEN_01_CONTEST_TABLES.docx HQG_SCREEN_01_CONTEST_TABLES.pdf The two following files (V02) are for those that prefer a single table for Simple Contest Results and Extended Contest Resolution Points: HQG_SCREEN_01_CONTEST_TABLES_V02.docx HQG_SCREEN_01_CONTEST_TABLES_V02.pdf HQG_SCREEN_02_CONTEST_PROCEDURES_V04.docx HQG_SCREEN_02_CONTEST_PROCEDURES_V04.pdf HQG_SCREEN_03_OTHER_TABLES.docx HQG_SCREEN_03_OTHER_TABLES.pdf Next is what I call my gaming aid booklet. References that complement the screen and informations I like to have on hand (the last four files are the French and English versions of the same two files): HQG_REFBOOKLET_01_Spot_Rules_Summary_v06.docx HQG_REFBOOKLET_02_Magic_Abilities_V02.docx HQG_REFBOOKLET_03_Runes_and_Personality_Traits.docx HQG_REFBOOKLET_03_Runes_and_Personality_Traits_English.docx HQG_REFBOOKLET_04_Calendar_HolyDays_v00.docx HQG_REFBOOKLET_04_Calendar_HolyDays_v00_English.docx Note: the text in french in the "Spot_Rules_Summary" file (beginning of the first page) is the translation of "The HeroQuest game system doesn't simply tell you how well you succeeded at a particular task: it tells you whether or not you achieved your entire goal. What is the goal? What is the expected reward? Combat (conflict) is often the mean... not the goal!" My alternate contest results table coming from the [House Rules] Yes, but... thread: HQ2G_ALTERNATE_CONTEST_RESULTS_TABLE.docx A two in one gaming aid that is a smaller size "alternate contest results table" should I decide to use this option (it's very likely) and a cheat sheet for setting narrative difficulties should I need some kind of safety net. I fold the sheet in half so it can be put into a plastic sleeve. Thus, I can take it in my hand if needed or the gaming aid can lie against the screen so I can throw an eye at it from time to time. The cheat sheet is based on David Scott (the sample difficulties) and jajagappa (the middle and final climaxes) posts in the Setting Narrative Difficulty thread. Unfortunately, I don't remember whom the tension bit is coming from. Please, let me know and I will edit my post accordingly: HQ2G_ALT_CONTEST_RESULTS_TABLE_and_DIFF_IN_HQ2_English.docx Another gaming aid with difficulties and pregenerated rolls. When it is extended conflict time, especially with group extended conflicts, there can be a lot of rolls to make behind the screen. Rolling dice when I am running a game is not something I enjoy, it can be more of a distraction than anything else for me. Here is a gaming aid with pregenerated rolls and the difficulties and augment values that can be updated as the number of sessions grows. The D20 results can be copied and pasted before a session from a random dice generator. Each A5 side holds 350 rolls or so with the current font: HQ2G_DIFF_AND_PREGEN_ROLLS.docx Feel free to use and change those files as you see fit, they are here for that.