Need to fix the layout

styopa

Was trying to talk someone through getting the quickstart pdf - didn't realize it was so hard to find!

https://www.chaosium.com/runequest-glorantha/ ...shows ONLY that the quickstart is available to buy for $9.95.

Only if you click on the book itself are you taken to https://www.chaosium.com/runequest-roleplaying-in-glorantha-quickstart/ where it says "oh, yeah, I guess you CAN download it for free, of course..."?

• Like 1

Oh Styopa

It's really easy, you click on "Product Description", you read the text and clic on Get the PDF for free..

If your friend is not a neo-web-archeologist, he/she should get the skills (:p). I personnaly get it quickly ... around 20min... XD

⇓ ⇓ ⇓ Copy-paste with link in red !!! ⇓ ⇓ ⇓

Product Description

Welcome to Greg Stafford's World of Glorantha

-final-runequest-idrima-s-menhir-by-roman-kisyiov-ns0.jpgGlorantha is .....

Take a Peek Inside

And Read the Reviews

"This is a book I will buy when it’s out fully. The combat is fun and new. The world is a novel place for me to throw my players... I want more, so this book’s got me hooked." - Throat Punch Games - Ringside Report

: "RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha – Quickstart and Adventure does exactly what it sets out to do ...it does this not just for a single Free RPG Day, but for the foreseeable future." - Reviews from Rl'yeh

"...an excellent introduction to the core rules and basic gameplay" - Shattered Ravings

Ready to play now?

We have some great guidance to help you run the adventure. Gamemasters should go here to read it online, but players should wait until they get a chance to experience the adventure.

Get the Free PDF Download! Lyfan : TADA, it's hereeeee

We also offer this booklet as a free downloadable PDF. Please click here to get the RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha Quickstart PDF while you wait for your printed copy to arrive.

But Wait,We have more Free Downloads and information

• Adventurers Handout for Players
  • Optional Adventurer - The Assistant Shaman

4 hours ago, MJ Sadique said:

Oh Styopa

It's really easy, you click on "Product Description", you read the text and clic on Get the PDF for free..

If your friend is not a neo-web-archeologist, he/she should get the skills (:p). I personnaly get it quickly ... around 20min... XD

⇓ ⇓ ⇓ Copy-paste with link in red !!! ⇓ ⇓ ⇓

Product Description

Welcome to Greg Stafford's World of Glorantha

-final-runequest-idrima-s-menhir-by-roman-kisyiov-ns0.jpgGlorantha is .....

Take a Peek Inside

And Read the Reviews

"This is a book I will buy when it’s out fully. The combat is fun and new. The world is a novel place for me to throw my players... I want more, so this book’s got me hooked." - Throat Punch Games - Ringside Report

: "RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha – Quickstart and Adventure does exactly what it sets out to do ...it does this not just for a single Free RPG Day, but for the foreseeable future." - Reviews from Rl'yeh

"...an excellent introduction to the core rules and basic gameplay" - Shattered Ravings

Ready to play now?

We have some great guidance to help you run the adventure. Gamemasters should go here to read it online, but players should wait until they get a chance to experience the adventure.

Get the Free PDF Download! Lyfan : TADA, it's hereeeee

We also offer this booklet as a free downloadable PDF. Please click here to get the RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha Quickstart PDF while you wait for your printed copy to arrive.

But Wait,We have more Free Downloads and information

• Adventurers Handout for Players
  • Optional Adventurer - The Assistant Shaman

^ that's pretty much EXACTLY what I said?

The front page says nothing about there being a free download anywhere.  It only says "$9.95" (which is for the printed copy).

As I mentioned, yes, ONCE YOU CLICK ON THE DESCRIPTION, it's there.  But it's silly to hide that behind the landing page.  Have a second "offered" PDF Download "product" for $0.00.  Seriously, it would take about 15 seconds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, styopa said:

^ that's pretty much EXACTLY what I said?

Yep, but You just forgot the theatrical/comical part ! ^_^

plus, As a GM, Entertainment must be one of your skill !

5 hours ago, chiisu81 said:

There needs to be a top-level, easy-to-find "(Free) Downloads" link on the Chaosium pages.

There is such page at - www.chaosium.com/free-downloads/ - but it's not updated, nor accessible from the parent directory (Home / Playing our Games / Organized Play). The best way should to be polite and ask for a tiny updated but I think they have their hand full at the moment...

Plus, It's a old rpg factory; If there is no challenge, there no fun ! and as far as I am concerned, as long as it's not at the level of BB Editions (Worst RPG website of the World) it's fine XD

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 3:46 PM, MJ Sadique said:

There is such page at - www.chaosium.com/free-downloads/ - but it's not updated, nor accessible from the parent directory (Home / Playing our Games / Organized Play). The best way should to be polite and ask for a tiny updated but I think they have their hand full at the moment...

Ahh there it is. There's room on that "secondary link toolbar" at the top to add a "Free Downloads" link, and that page does need to be updated with the RQG Quickstart PDF link.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:46 PM, MJ Sadique said:

Plus, It's a old rpg factory; If there is no challenge, there no fun ! and as far as I am concerned, as long as it's not at the level of BB Editions (Worst RPG website of the World) it's fine XD

...yeahNO.  While I am comfortably grognardian both as a gamer & computer-geek, I cannot endorse the notion that the retail website should be anything other than VERY easy to use & find things !   :angry:

If for no other reason than I want the line to be successful, so there are more RQ players, so I can play more RQ!  :D

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig