Apple Lane Reprint

Falconer

As an aside, I think the Apple Lane reprint should also include the Return To Apple Lane scenario from  the HQ Sartar book.

In addition to this, all the stats need to be multi-stated for RQG and HQG. It also needs to have some new artwork inserted in it, to portray the more Mycenaean flavour of Theyalans to keep them consistent with their cultural portrayal from the G2G and The Coming Storm.

This is all highly unlikely to be happening; however it's just a list of my unrealistic demands in case there is an Apple Lane project wishlist :D

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

18 hours ago, Prime Evil said:

There are still a couple of additional works coming in the Runequest Classic line, aren't there? Do we have any idea of the timeline for these? 

Not yet. The original schedule has slipped somewhat, and the Kickstarter backers are waiting an update from @Rick Meints on that topic. There are lots more books to come - Pavis, Big Rubble, Griffin Mountain, Borderlands, SoloQuest Collection, Trollpak and RuneQuest Companion.

On 11/13/2017 at 3:12 PM, Mankcam said:

As an aside, I think the Apple Lane reprint should also include the Return To Apple Lane scenario from  the HQ Sartar book.

In addition to this, all the stats need to be multi-stated for RQG and HQG. It also needs to have some new artwork inserted in it, to portray the more Mycenaean flavour of Theyalans to keep them consistent with their cultural portrayal from the G2G and The Coming Storm.

This is all highly unlikely to be happening; however it's just a list of my unrealistic demands in case there is an Apple Lane project wishlist :D

I think the "Apple Lane reprint" the OP was asking about is that KS'ed "RQ Classic" product.  It's available now in PDF ($4) but AFAIK Chaosium isn't "printing" it for stock/warehouse.

I believe that -- eventually -- Chaosium would like to get all their currently-PDF-only stock available via POD...  But for a product such as Apple Lane, that's probably not a top priority.

But I'm completely in agreeement that a new volume with both the old scenario and the "Return to.." scenario (and do I hear rumors of another scenario that has reared its fearsome head at a 'Con or two ... ? ) that comes out dual-stated for both RQG and HQ (or tri-stat'ed for 13G???!? (but NOT for Tri-Stat-dX (because that would make it quadro-stat'ed (defeating the whole purpose))) would be all kinds of awesome!

Make it so!   :D

C'es ne pas un .sig

Yeah you are totally right, all Gloranthan scenarios should now be least tri-stat - RQG, HQG, 13G - if only in our dreams heh heh :D

Actually one way to achieve this is for Chaosium to publish printed scenarios/campaigns as content only,  with no actual game stats at all in the printed books. Then for pdf format the same publication can be released, and you can choose to pay for additional appendix with the NPC/opponent stats in one of the supported rpg systems - RQG, HQG, 13G, etc.  I think this could be a viable option these days, and not everyone needs to buy the game stat appendix. Some people may just wish to read the scenario, whilst it also opens the setting up for those who want to make their own conversions to rpg systems not attached to Glorantha.

Since the publication of the G2G it is obvious that Glorantha can exist without game material support, the setting alone is rich enough to gather interest.

(Ok I digressed a bit from Falconer's query regarding the release of the Apple Lane reprint)

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"