RuneQuest Quickstart - new layout for beginning character sheets

JaredS113

I reworked the 6 pregenerated characters from The Broken Tower adventure in the RuneQuest Quickstart.

Each character now has 2 extra pages that break out a lot of their stats into a more readable form with more info targeted at players new to RuneQuest.

• Rune spells
  • Spirit magic spells
  • Skills
  • Runes
  • Passions

Here's the link to Harmast. The other 5 are all in the Downloads folder above under Browse.

Let me know if you see any mistakes or have any suggestions!

It's a logical result of the mechanical switch of Rune spells to a 'spell point' system.  Particularly for new players, there's going to be some decision paralysis as there are so many possible choices on which to spend those points at any given moment.

A parallel challenge is posed to someone trying to design a useful character sheet: how can you have a list of spells castable, when the list is pretty much "all"?

I believe it’s being changed so that you ‘buy’ spells as you get rune points, so if you have 4 rune points you can know up to 4 spells. At least that was discussed here at some point. I’m highly in favour.

Simon Hibbs

Edited by simonh
  • Like 1

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

16 hours ago, simonh said:

I believe it’s being changed so that you ‘buy’ spells as you get rune points, so if you have 4 rune points you can know up to 4 spells. At least that was discussed here at some point. I’m highly in favour.

Simon Hibbs

Agreed, but I didn't know if they had accepted that advice.

Given that the last info I'd heard was "pdf available in Nov, printed in Dec" we should be finding out pretty quickly?

Shouldn't there be an announcement about this...Nov is more than half over...