Roll20 Anyone?

Psullie

4 hours ago, waltshumate said:

....Since you seem to despise that sort of thing you should probably stay awy from Roll20.

I seem to have been misunderstood.  I don't at all "despise that sort of thing."

I knew there was an active fan-dev community around the Roll20 engine, but I had presumed that multiple publishers had made pushes to get "official" sheets available, professionally-developed and produced.  My bad, and you have my apologies for it.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 12/8/2017 at 2:12 AM, waltshumate said:

That fellow you cannot contact made the post right above yours.   

Hey, I hope I didn't piss you off somehow.  I got really flustered when I realized I had screwed up.  I've played on other public games where you simply announce the time and date and if it's open to the public then people just join.  I thought that's how Roll20 worked too.  Anyways, I and my players really appreciate what you did for us and couldn't be happier with the RQ3 sheet. 

On 08/12/2017 at 10:47 AM, Gryphaea said:

For the sake of clarity I have just reached out and asked the question about Character Sheets so that we know were we stand. I'll update when I get an answer.

Waltshumate - thanks for your contributions already with the mods to the character sheet. I was not aware of that, and will try to get access to the amended sheets.

I made a comment of your sheet was 'far from an optimal solution' to play RQ:AG, I apologises if this inadvertently caused you any offence - I was not trying to disparage your work which is of high quality and far more that I feel I could achieve. I merely wanted the comment to make folk aware that none of the character sheets at the time of launch of the Quickstart enabled you to easily automate all the features of the game.

The RQ3 is far from optimal for RQ:G, you ran that game with the Numtini and the guy that wanted to do a horrible thing to the dead femal Greydog didn't you?. I think we had a discussion around about the time the Quickstart was supposed to be released about doing something about an Roll 20 sheet but like this time we  were advised not to do anything and let the professionals sort it out.  

If anyone one is interested in running the Quickstart and you do not have a Pro account I can setup a game and give you GM privileges.   With Pentallion's permission I could a copy over the characters he put so much work into as well.

Edited by waltshumate

On 10/12/2017 at 10:03 AM, Pentallion said:

Hey, I hope I didn't piss you off somehow.  I got really flustered when I realized I had screwed up.  I've played on other public games where you simply announce the time and date and if it's open to the public then people just join.  I thought that's how Roll20 worked too.  Anyways, I and my players really appreciate what you did for us and couldn't be happier with the RQ3 sheet. 

No as I said in PM I had a long string of medical problems hit shortly after that and no time to work on any RQ sheets.

Edited by waltshumate

2 hours ago, waltshumate said:

The RQ3 is far from optimal for RQ:G, you ran that game with the Numtini and the guy that wanted to do a horrible thing to the dead femal Greydog didn't you?. I think we had a discussion around about the time the Quickstart was supposed to be released about doing something about an Roll 20 sheet but like this time we  were advised not to do anything and let the professionals sort it out.  

Yes that was me, I got a sense that they 'guy' may have had a few issues interpreting social mores - but it was contained and we moved on. However it was a learning experience and I have amended some of my practice to be a bit more explicit about the behaviour that I expect.

7 hours ago, waltshumate said:

If anyone one is interested in running the Quickstart and you do not have a Pro account I can setup a game and give you GM privileges.   With Pentallion's permission I could a copy over the characters he put so much work into as well.

Of course you have my permission! Its all about people having fun.  They can have the maps I made too.  I was quite pleased with how those came out.

And as far as waiting for the professionals, when it comes to character sheets you ARE the professional and Chaosium would be wise to employ your services.

Edited by Pentallion