Middle-earth Basic Roleplaying preview

Fergo113

Thanks guy's, I really appreciate all of your encouragement and its great to see groups wanting to use the material for their own games.

I've been slack on finishing the chapter on equipment, but as my own group have now gone back to a fantasy setting, I feel the need to get back to work on this project. The equipment chapter is still only half finished but at least I am back working on it now.

Cheers,

Fergo113

• 5 months later...

Gday Fergo113,

I just stumbled across your thread, I see the last post was six months ago. If I had done my home work a little better I would have posted directly here instead of starting another thread. I really like some of the work on Middle Earth that you have put in the Downloads section, and I'm just wondering on if you've got more stuff you're holding out on heh heh no really I think you've done a fine job with it so far, lets hope you post some more chapters when you can

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 1 year later...

love your work , you did a fine job, and hoping that you might have future chapters , but basic fantasy is useful to fill in the gaps. I am working on a cross over of a Narnia /Middle Earth people playing themselves who have access to middle earth thru a Narnia portal" wardrobe"

so your write up have been a great use.

thanks for all the fish and good luck on future work.

• 8 months later...

hello,

i found the middle-earth thread through google and joined the site -- unfortunately, fergo fan't receive any more private messages.

would anyone be willing to forward the full version pdfs or point to a d/l link?

my email address is: logo_015 (at) gmx.de

thanks a lot in advance!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This looks intriguing, I wonder if it will ever get finished.

Also, I know this is the BRP forums, but I have to say Cubicle 7's The One Ring RPG is nothing shy of a fantastic game, designed from the ground up to precisely emulate Middle Earth. I can highly recommend it if anyone is looking for a quality ME game.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi. Its been a looong while since I last dropped by this site. To answer a few questions, I haven't done much more work on this since I was last here. For one thing Adventures in Middle-earth came out from Cubicle 7 and, as a D20 game systems, was fairly simple to use regarding certain aspects of that game when porting across to play with BRP.

The full colour files are very large and so won't load up here that easily.

As my RPG group is playing a more generic fantasy setting, I can't see myself pushing to finish the other chapters in the short term. However, using the BRP Big Golden Book, Adventures in Middle-earth and the files for Middle-earth BRP here, you can cover most bases for what you would be after.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Fergo113

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1