Of course, in Glorantha the crackpots are trying to prove the world is round...

MOB

My wife was amused and amazed enough to follow up.  Our (her) best guess is that he's just hoping for financing from FlatEarth'ers, because he's tried these sorts of stunts/etc previously, without the "Flat Earth" affiliation; funding was... problematic.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

@g33k It's almost embarrassing how blatant of a cash grab it is. From what I remember, he failed to get funding for this a few years ago, before his "conversion" to the truth of the Flat Earth. He then re-branded his space program to be an exploration of the atmosflat, and tried again -- successfully.

I suppose I can admire his dedication, if nothing else. Perhaps he makes up in a certain sort of animal cunning what he lacks in common sense.

1 hour ago, kaydet said:

@g33k It's almost embarrassing how blatant of a cash grab it is. From what I remember, he failed to get funding for this a few years ago, before his "conversion" to the truth of the Flat Earth. He then re-branded his space program to be an exploration of the atmosflat, and tried again -- successfully.

I suppose I can admire his dedication, if nothing else. Perhaps he makes up in a certain sort of animal cunning what he lacks in common sense.

Well, but it's not a "cash grab" is it?  He appears to genuinely want this project, however he can get it funded... which is NOT a "take the money and run" approach.  It's not like he's gonna be retiring on the proceeds, or living luxe ...

I grant you "embarassing," though.

I mean:  a rocketry project and he's holding out his hat to... FlatEarth'ers???!?  Oh, THAT's gotta burn!!!

C'es ne pas un .sig