Petersen's Abominations - Errors Thread

Mike M

pp. 62, 63: The description of Siren on the sheets for Jason Kernicky and Isaac Klein should say that her star is "in the ascendant" rather than "in the ascendance". (Same for pp. 8 and 9 in the separate Pre Generated Investigators PDF.)

pp. 82, 191: In the first sentence of Handout: Panacea 1, "wellbeing" should probably be "well-being" if the company is located in the US. In the last sentence, "state of the art" should be "state-of-the-art" since it's a compound adjective. (Same on p. 7 of the separate Handouts and Maps PDF.)

pp. 108: Paragraph 2, line 4: both words of "Rolot gas" should be quoted, rather than just "Rolot". (The pregenerated investigator backgrounds correctly quote both words.)

pp. 142–147: Remove the colon from the sentence starting "You and a team of experts have been sent…"; it's not necessary. (Same for pp. 20–25 in the Pre Generated Investigators PDF.)

Also, the title of the Pre Generated Investigators book should be Pre-Generated Investigators or Pregenerated Investigators.

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

• 3 weeks later...

Peteresen's Abominations, Page 16 has the following passage. Looking at the map it looks like only three bedrooms are on the ground floor.

Ground Floor 

At the front, a reception lobby opens into the public areas of the hotel (dining room, lounge, and study), which back onto o ces, stores, and a closet. In the back are five bedrooms. 

Page 17

Offices: the offices are both cluttered with all manner of dusty junk scattered about on desks, piled up on the floor, and in drawers and pigeonholes. Mostly, its boxes of old ceramics, bills and papers, ledgers, dried up inkwells, and so on. Searching through the mess, some yellowing guest books can be found; within, the names and locations of visitors depict a once successful and busy establishment. The earliest volume dates back to 1863, the latest to 1907—if looking for an entry for J.S. or Johan Schiegl, his signature and home location of Cologne, Germany, can be found for August 1924. If time is spent sifting through the various old bills, papers, and ledgers call for a Library Use roll: if successful, a ledger dating back to 1925 is found to contain a cryptic message—see Handout: Hotel 3. In addition, deeds for the property dated for 1932, contain the same unusual stipulation.

This is somewhat confusing to me. It says the (obvious clue?) ledgers found date from 1863 to 1907 but suggest an entry in those ledgers can be found dated August 1924. That means either the ledgers really date to 1924 or the 1907 ledger spanned at least 17 years worth of entries. At least that is my reading of this information. 

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the clarifications.

I haven't gotten much past reading the Hotel Hell scenario. There exists a great number of simple typos in that scenario. I have been focusing for now on reporting the errors that cannot as easily be figured out. If I get a chance I will try to poin out the typos.

Hansmo