What was your favourite version of RQ to date and why?

Jon Hunter

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Dimbyd said:

A second quickstart will be produced to reflect feedback from the original quickstart with some rule changes. So even if you haven’t had a game under the full pre-release rules- and quite a few people have a copy and are running games, you have a good preview to assess the upcoming edition.

Any idea when the second quickstart will be released?

36 minutes ago, Dimbyd said:

I don’t know when the second quickstart will be releases. Chaosium are talking about a Q2 release for the core RQ books in print. They would be looking for physical copies by the summer convention cycle.  Possibly free RPG day? But that’s my speculation,

Is free RPG day in June?  If so, that would be disappointing.  If the full game is to be released in Q2, then releasing the QS at the end of Q2 isn't going to help much.

I really wanted to start a campaign over our Antipodean Christmas/Summer break but am reluctant to do so with the current QS which doesn't really inspire confidence in the integrity of the rules (and with some RPG newbies taking place I don't want to have to suddenly change the rules once the newer version comes out).

I know that was just a guess, so hopefully it will appear much earlier.

I am late in answering - real life and my campaign intervened...

I have played

RQ2 - 81-until RQ3

RQ3 - 83?-

MRQ II 2011 to Rq6

Rq6/Mythras since then 

I own all the other rules and have read thru them - also RQ4 and AiG, the quickstart for RQG...

My favorite (as several of you might know) is RQ6/Mythras (combined with AiG especially its variable Spirit magic rules)) due to excellent cinematic combat rules and very well working magic systems (all of them). It just seems so well crafted and proves to be so when playing. The system does not get seem to get bogged down at higher levels.  Players also do seem to enjoy it at all levels and seem to be satisfied when playing also on the lower power level than Rune Lords for long periods of time. I am playing in Glorantha (in Fonrit) and all of the background materials plus scenarios are easily usable with this edition of RQ as well as with others. Enjoying this so much that created loads of encounter material in the Encounter Generator. 

The problem for me as RQ GM has always been the creation of the NPCs - that is no longer a prob with Encounter Generator. 

Looking forward to the Bestiary and campaign material. I would like to have much more scenarios and campaign material for Glorantha of the quality that we enjoyed at RQ Renaissance and not get too hung up on rules systems. 

• Like 2