[Traveller] BRP Weapons Tables PDF

Guest Vile Traveller

Guest Vile Traveller

For those of you who play Traveller with BRP rules, I've uploaded an old PDF of mine which converts the personal weapons from Striker, the old mass-combat and gear-building rules for Classic Traveller. Our group converted the Traveller tech and background to BRP almost as soon as we got it, because IMHO percentages beat bell curves every time. We actually used far more extensive lists than these, but I thought that there's no point putting my house-rules weaponry in this document. The PDF contains only the weapons found in Striker, so you need to refer to those rules (or Traveller LBB1 and LBB4) for descriptions of the weapons.

One house rule I did include, because the weapons tables depend on it, is penetration. The purpose of this rule is to simulate high-penetration weapons, which will not neccessarily do massively more damage to unarmoured targets.

Anyway, have fun. ;)

I'm currently working on producing a RQ Sci-Fi SRD based on the RQ, Traveller and D20 Modern (Future) SRDs. I converted some of the weapons from the Traveller SRD using some things from BRP, but yours look a lot better.

Would you mind if I used them for the RQ Sci-Fi SRD? Credit would be given, of course.

The unfinished SRD is at www.soltakss.com/rq_scifi.doc and neds a lot of work, but it's getting there.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Guest Vile Traveller

Would you mind if I used them for the RQ Sci-Fi SRD? Credit would be given, of course.

Thanks for the kind words, soltakss, and do feel free to use them in the RQSFSRD. These stats should be reasonably accurate, as they've been playtested over 15 years or so and subjected to much scrutiny from a number of firearms enthusiasts. That's not to say they're set in stone, and I'd still be happy to make adjustments if someone can convince me.

I'm currently working on producing a RQ Sci-Fi SRD based on the RQ, Traveller and D20 Modern (Future) SRDs. I converted some of the weapons from the Traveller SRD using some things from BRP, but yours look a lot better.

The unfinished SRD is at www.soltakss.com/rq_scifi.doc and neds a lot of work, but it's getting there.

You have been busy Soltakss.:shocked:

Edited by Conrad
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

• 1 month later...

Very nice Vile - love the nostalgic look n feel, takes me right back to the LBB striker set!

I'm toying with the idea of using BRP to play Traveller - Interstellar Wars, and am looking for Traveller starship combat rules for BRP. You don't *happen* to have anything lying around, do you? >:-> :D :innocent:

Cheers - and good job! :thumb:

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Guest Vile Traveller

Is int Cloth armour 10AP a little to high?
Not really. Ballistic cloth will stop most handgun rounds, but rifle rounds have relatively little trouble getting through. 10AP might sound high when you don't use the penetration rule, but that is what makes all the difference.

I'm toying with the idea of using BRP to play Traveller - Interstellar Wars, and am looking for Traveller starship combat rules for BRP. You don't *happen* to have anything lying around, do you? >:-> :D :innocent:
Not ... yet, shall we say. ;)

Not ... yet, shall we say. ;)

Ah-hah! Excellent...! :D

How about a sneak peak into the armor values you're using, perhaps? I'm interested in the Cloth Armor 10AP (etc) stats which go along with your penetration values on the weapons tables - partic. if you've been playtesting them as thoroughly as it looks like you have!

Cheers!

Sarah

ps. I'm refining the BRP skills based on TNE and Gurps Interstellar Wars, particularly with reference to ship operations and technical skills (engineering, sensor ops, etc). I'll pop those up somewhere if I ever get them into a presentable state.

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

10AP might sound high when you don't use the penetration rule,

Yes i didin´t think of that, your are right of course.

Your are not planing to do a (Traveller) BRP Armor Tables PDF ??

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

• 2 months later...
Guest Vile Traveller

Thanks for putting up those links, Solardog, I had them before but I lost the bookmarks at some point. I have actually got far more extensive weapons tables than the ones in the download section - those are deliberately limited to the exact same weapons as can be found in first edition Striker for two reasons: 1) it's always easier for people to use third-party supplements that follow a common baseline, and 2) I might just want to publish my other stuff at some point ... ;)

Which also addresses your question about the armour, there.

Yes, Striker the good old days.....

Here is something i have borrowed from Striker.

Energy weapon range mutliple chart

Type Constant

Vacuum 1000

Trace 100

Very thin 10

Thin 2

Standard 1

Dense 0.5

Exotic 0.1

Corrosive 0.1

Insidious 0.1

Concerning the weapons tables sometimes less is more.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Vile and everyone else! :)

Some minutes ago I noticed your Striker/BRP weapons table in the download section of this site. I had already done my own conversion tables for the Traveller weapons and I had also played with the thought of using a penetration value, but I never came up with the idea to simply use the values from the Striker tables. It's a great idea! Thank you so much!

Now, I also did my own conversion of armor values for BRP, but naturally they seem to be too low for use with the penetration value-rule.

I would love to see the tables you did for armors and I'am also very interested in the expanded weapon lists you did. Would it be possible to send me the tables via email or point me to some place where you published them? I'd be really grateful! :happy:

Thanks in advance!

Christopher