RQG is an option in EN World's Most Anticipated RPGs of 2018 poll

MOB

4 hours ago, Yelm's Light said:

My initial response was "What's EN World?"   Based on the time signatures, I'm guessing it's a European site.  However, I did my duty...every other option was yawn-worthy to me anyway.

7 votes overall so far, and the results are hidden.  So get in there and vote!

EN World is possibly one of the largest non-corporate D&D sites out there.  They were huge starting with D&D3 & d20 really, and have relatively recently been trying to re-brand themselves as really more of a general gaming portal.

PS MOB looks like you 2x posted this.

2 hours ago, styopa said:

EN World is possibly one of the largest non-corporate D&D sites out there.  They were huge starting with D&D3 & d20 really, and have relatively recently been trying to re-brand themselves as really more of a general gaming portal.

EN World also started and hosts the ENnie Awards.

2 hours ago, styopa said:

Not sure what happened there but have hidden the double!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, styopa said:

In terms of traffic volume, aren't they one of the absolutely-largest (non-corp) RPG sites?   I confess I'm not enough of a web-metrics guy to have the tools to check this offhand.

I tend to games other than D&D, mostly, so the D&D-centrism hasn't held me there; but I've dipped in and out of there dozens of times over the past decade.

C'es ne pas un .sig

You can have more than one choice  So I went with Trinity Continium, Warhammer 4E, and RuneQuest Adventures in Glorantha. 

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

RQG + EclipsePhase2 for me.

I really like the ethos of PostHuman's EP product line & the cc-by license.  I find it fascinating that they can be giving it away for free and still have a profitable product line...

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, Yelm's Light said:

Hmm...more than 48 hours since the poll ended and Morrus hasn't "compiled" the poll results?  Most automated polls that I know of are, well, automated.

What, is he writing a review of the winner?

If I remember last year's poll I think a review is written for each of the top ten or something like that.

44 minutes ago, Yelm's Light said:

V:tM?  Really?  I weep for the imagination of this generation.

I could deal with WFRP4; I have the original and I love it.  But Vampire?

Sheesh.

I heard that WFRP completely crapped on their universe/IP in some sort of massive retcon?  I'm not a fan (although I've used some of their adventure materials for RQ adventures, certainly) so my knowledge is peripheral.

VtM5 I get that - first, I actually thought VtM was a pretty decent RPG, story heavy, with a fairly unique universe.  Not the same pedestrian dragons and elves and such.

Let's recall that this "vote" was less a survey of everyone playing RPGs, more of a 'who can mobilize their fan base to vote early and vote often' exercise.

I wish RQG were higher, truly.  Certainly you'd think with name recognition alone we'd be ahead of Kult and Forbidden Lands or whatever it is.

29 minutes ago, styopa said:

I heard that WFRP completely crapped on their universe/IP in some sort of massive retcon?  I'm not a fan (although I've used some of their adventure materials for RQ adventures, certainly) so my knowledge is peripheral.

VtM5 I get that - first, I actually thought VtM was a pretty decent RPG, story heavy, with a fairly unique universe.  Not the same pedestrian dragons and elves and such.

Let's recall that this "vote" was less a survey of everyone playing RPGs, more of a 'who can mobilize their fan base to vote early and vote often' exercise.

I wish RQG were higher, truly.  Certainly you'd think with name recognition alone we'd be ahead of Kult and Forbidden Lands or whatever it is.

Well the issue is that RQ really isn't that popular anymore, at least with many newer gamers. To be honest, I'm surprised we even got that high, because the hard truth is that runequest isn't real a popular game now, and what traction it gained from Mythras stayed with Mythras.

• Like 1

5th position is not bad.  Sure I feel, RuneQuest and Glorantha back together should top the ten games listed but there was some tough competition. I suppose it doesn't help that we almost had Glorantha rejoin RuneQuest about 2 years ago (Pete Nash's manuscript) and then were suppose to see a pre-release version of the new RQ at Gen Con 2016 and that we are now hoping for the book to be released at Gen Con 2018.

Still, I expect it will be worth the wait and that RQG to be the best Glorantha game ever.

5th place out of 40+ nominees, and a Top 10 place for two years running.....is not bad!

Vampire and Warhammer Fantasy obviously have their fans too, but in a competitive field (from more than 5000 voters) RuneQuest still has a clear identity. Look at the other titles it beat - Warhammer 40KRP, The Witcher, etc. There are some excellent prospective games that didn't even make the Top 10 - Paladin, Aquelarre, Prince Valiant, Trinity, Judge Dredd, Top Secret, etc.  

• Like 2