Best sci-fi of 2017

clarence

The Guardian has published a list of their favourite sci-fi books of 2017:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/nov/30/the-best-science-fiction-and-fantasy-of-2017

My own choice from the past year has even made it onto the list: Amatka by Karin Tidbeck. Very well deserved and highly recommended if you have missed the debut of this rising star (no pun intended). 

Did any of you read the other titles mentioned in the article? Any recommendations?

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

I'm not familiar with any on that list. But I didn't read many highly-rated Scifi books that were published this year, so that's not too surprising. I'm always looking for suggestions, though.

What I did read from this year was Genesis (First Colony) and All Systems Red (Murderbot Diaries). I liked the latter more than the former, and have preordered the next book from the series.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's always a bit strange when none of the titles in a 'best of' list sounds familiar. Too many books, too little time I guess. 

All Systems Red looks interesting. The comment 'best depressed droid since Marvin' got me hooked. 

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s