Just some lovely figures for my game.

jeffjerwin

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've finished the Wolf Pirates to accompany the previously shown Harrek and Gunda. They turned out fine, although I am really not enamoured with Warlord Games and the quality of their metal miniatures.

5abce26765eba_WolfPirates.thumb.JPG.d1e53d766d83f8c6f4769e0adb6ff4b9.JPG

Also, finally got some time to start painting the Lunar forces as well, and so far it's just one archer down, lots more people to go.

5abce29d5cde2_HeartlandArcher.JPG.6f0896d2f159890fcd8fce618ff519f4.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I don't think my stuff is anywhere near display quality. To be honest I am not particularly aiming at something with these, I started painting miniatures for fun, and have almost no interest in becoming some amazing miniatures painter. As long as I can get something to look in such a way that I'm happy with it, I figure I've done a good job with it. (Also, I do like playing as well, so if they look decent on the tabletop, that's about as much as I can ask for)

As for having a good eye - I think my eyes still hurt from painting this guy.

Edited by Jenx

1 hour ago, Jenx said:

Oh I don't think my stuff is anywhere near display quality. To be honest I am not particularly aiming at something with these, I started painting miniatures for fun, and have almost no interest in becoming some amazing miniatures painter. As long as I can get something to look in such a way that I'm happy with it, I figure I've done a good job with it. (Also, I do like playing as well, so if they look decent on the tabletop, that's about as much as I can ask for)

As for having a good eye - I think my eyes still hurt from painting this guy.

I've only been painting again for about 6 weeks, but my stuff doesn't compare, much more for the gaming table.

However i've been having fun.

• 5 years later...

I was looking for Cam's Well and somehow hit this thread... yes another rabbit hole!

I happened to pull out a bunch of old samurai 25mm figs from the closet this past weekend and found these guys from a campaign we ran in the western Tokyo suburbs in the mid 90's in the same container, forgot I had them, set them on the coffee table to reminisce. A bit worn and yes painting minifigs has come a long way since then, almost 30 years ago but they bring fond memories.

I think they were working on the Condor Crags. They guy with the spear was an aspiring acolyte of Elmal (yes at that time there was a lot of debate in the temples as to Yelmalio versus Emal but they still liked each other) named Obsidian of all things!? He was from Sartar of course...

We played about once a week for like 8 hours a sitting for two years mostly in the Zol Fel Valley and areas around the Sun Dome and never got to the Cradle...

Great game no matter the version or what is/isn't canon, you just need some players and a bit of imagination.

image.png.19fc557e29c7420c46fcc54665760b62.png image.png.fa791d23bab2eefe895c6f8799a5fdd6.png

Edited by Erol of Backford
  • Like 2