So....

Y Mab Darogan

1 hour ago, GamingGlen said:

I'm guessing this is some publishing term?   Because for a moment, okay, I'm still picturing it, I saw RQ books in wooden boxes stored on galley ships being rowed by slaves across a vast sea from wherever the books are printed.    ^_^

Galleys are basically preliminary copies of a book made before the final printing for editing and critique.

4 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

I'm guessing this is some publishing term?   Because for a moment, okay, I'm still picturing it, I saw RQ books in wooden boxes stored on galley ships being rowed by slaves across a vast sea from wherever the books are printed.    ^_^

http://blog.catherinedelors.com/demystifying-publishing-jargon-galleys/

In the publishing world, galleys, or uncorrected proofs, or advance reading copies, or ARCs, are created by the publisher months before the final printing and release of the book. They are sent to reviewers, booksellers, bloggers and other people crucial to the critical and commercial success of the book. A few stray typos may remain in galleys, and they are bound like paperbacks, though the cover is similar to that of the final book. Some may become collector’s items. They are after all “pre-first” editions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 10:52 AM, goldenwheeldancer said:

These threads are just us lot saying "can I get it yet? Can I get it yet? Can I get it yet?" So it's a positive thing really. You guys keep your own pace and don't feel rushed by our impatience and eagerness to get our grubby hooves on the treasure.

So, can I get it yet?

Really and truly just excited to get my hands on it. This is my first foray into Runequest and if it’s anything like the great work we’ve seen on the Call of Cthulhu line, this thing is going to be great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...