BRP on the cheap (for now anyway)

Bane Root

Ok so the deal is that my group have never played RQ or any Basic Roleplaying Game. An unexpected slot opened up in the GM'ing roster last night and quick as a flash I am in there "I will run Runequest". I explain the system and the players all want to play. Great, except I am a bit skint at the moment and can't really afford to buy any books. I also sold all my original RQ stuff years ago. I already had visited this site a couple of times and I knew about the Luxury SRD on the downloads page. It looks ok but it is not really RQ as I remember it, but I think it could be useful. I like the look of Warlords of Alexander (again on the downloads page) and I may decide to run with that. I suppose my question is, are there any free resources (rules, settings etc..) from other sites that I don't know about that could save my impetuous ass before my players arrive on Sunday :eek:

Try my scenario "The Hounds of Adranos", available in full color in the Scenario Section of the Downloads site. The main book of the setting is not free, but this scenario is, and you can run it easily with the Luxury SRD and nothing more. It has enough combat, magic and dungeons to satisfy most players.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

What sort of RQ did you advertise to get them interested?

If it was old-time RQ and/or the world of Glorantha, the new Mongoose RQ might not be quite the thing.

For more traditional RQ2/3 type stuff, a quick google found this ready-to-run adventure (complete with pre-gen characters):

RQ Scenario: To Kill A Monster

Could be good (and the rest of that site looks useful too - more adventures &c).

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

What sort of RQ did you advertise to get them interested?

If it was old-time RQ and/or the world of Glorantha, the new Mongoose RQ might not be quite the thing.

For more traditional RQ2/3 type stuff, a quick google found this ready-to-run adventure (complete with pre-gen characters):

RQ Scenario: To Kill A Monster

Could be good (and the rest of that site looks useful too - more adventures &c).

I sold them on the BRP system not any particular setting.