Elmal Yelmalio thing

Jon Hunter

Oh, that's clearly Yelmalio there. 

Yonash the Cold Sun reminded me of Yavor, the Fire Tribe warrior who snuffed himself out to survive battling Umath.

Orlanth later tears Yavor apart and makes weapons from his bones. His discarded head recognizes Elmal when he begins his great vigil, and becomes his advisor. 

Edited by JonL
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, JonL said:

Oh, that's clearly Yelmalio there. 

Yonash the Cold Sun reminded me of Yavor, the Fire Tribe warrior who snuffed himself out to survive battling Umath.

Orlanth later tears Yavor apart and makes weapons from his bones. His discarded head recognizes Elmal when he begins his great vigil, and becomes his advisor. 

Wow, where's that story?

Oh, also, I'm looking through all the Lore articles in the game, and I found something interesting in "Taming the River."

Reladivus, the son of the gods Elmal and Nivorah, set out to protect his mother’s city.

Reladivus is considered one of Yelm's Eight Sons, right? And he is, I think, considered to have been the God of Nivorah, rather than the son of its goddess.

Another interesting thing is in "Hyalor Tablet-Maker." Nivorah dies while Elmal is on a quest to restore the sun's warmth ("Elmal Guards the Sunpath"), and Manarlavus sends legates to demand that the people of Nivorah build a dome. In Elmal's stead, Hyalor and Samnal join together for the first and only time to defy him.

When his first ambassador returned to him in shame, Manarlavus sent another. This one said that Manarlavus would curse the name of our god, which would never again be remembered.

“Our god is Elmal, and will always be Elmal,” Hyalor and Samnal said together. “And he will never be forgotten.”

So then, does this mean that one truth about Elmal's place be that Elmal was forgotten by the Dara Happans because of Manarlavus, and that without Elmal they confused Reladivus for the now-missing son of Yelm?

Edited by Leingod
  • Like 1

Yavor is in the Book of Heortling Mythology. He goes so far as to cut off fallen Umath's head and make lightning darts from his brains. 

Orlanth collects on that debt thereafter.

Yavor is surprisingly chill about the whole thing after the Dawn, and sticks with the Storm Tribe alongside his cousins, Elmal and Rigsdall.

Edited by JonL
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JonL said:

Yavor is surprisingly chill about the whole thing after the Dawn, and sticks with the Storm Tribe alongside his cousins, Elmal and Rigsdall.

Why, pieces of him are all over the place in different roles and names - Finovan's blades, Orlanth's javelins, that Ralian chariot... Lightning Boy is but a fraction of his former self, but keeping close to the rest, he's somewhat well.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

• 3 years later...
On 8/26/2018 at 9:58 AM, The God Learner said:

Only one way to find out. Anyone up for switching Elmal and Yelmalio?

Coming from anyone else I'd say no, TGL.  You, however, are the right person to ask that question. 😄

Edited by Darius West

On 7/1/2022 at 3:21 PM, Darius West said:
On 8/26/2018 at 7:58 AM, The God Learner said:

Only one way to find out. Anyone up for switching Elmal and Yelmalio?

Coming from anyone else I'd say no, TGL.  You, however, are the right person to ask that question. 😄

Edited Friday at 03:21 PM by Darius West

How about swapping Yelm in the Solar tradition, with the hateful burning enemy thing in the Troll tradition? 😁

• Like 1