"makes Helms Deep resemble a punch-up in a chip shop"

MOB

I watched the most amazingly bonkers Indian epic on the flight back to Melbourne from the US today—Baahubali! It's so Gloranthan, so RuneQuest (and so HQ and 13G too)! And as this enthusiastic Guardian review says, "The final 45 minutes roam a vast battlefield that, with its human shields and Boadicea-style murder chariots, makes Helms Deep resemble a punch-up in a chip shop." Catch it if you can, you won't be disappointed!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 10:00 PM, MOB said:

Of course! Think of them as the heroquesting bits

LOL, my opinion of Hero Quest as a system is neither favorable nor secret.  The same goes for non-sequiteur Bollywood musical numbers in an action fantasy movie.  I suppose I can fast forward through them.  I like a LOT of things about Indian culture, but not compulosry Bollywood musical numbers.  Did you know when Bollywood produced a version of "I Spit on Your Grave" they had musical numbers?  In the spirit of full disclosure and fairness it was the one time I wasn't annoyed by a Bollywood musical number because I was too busy laughing.

23 minutes ago, Darius West said:

LOL, my opinion of Hero Quest as a system is neither favorable nor secret. 

MOB was talking about heroquesting, not the HeroQuest game system. Glorantha has heroquesting in it, doesn't matter what rule system you're using.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

MOB was talking about heroquesting, not the HeroQuest game system. Glorantha has heroquesting in it, doesn't matter what rule system you're using.

I know, I deliberately misinterpreted what MOB was saying and used it for my own agenda. Shameless really.

Edited by Darius West

7 hours ago, simonh said:

The whole thing is on Youtube. I've not watched all of it yet, but randomly skipped through and happened on the girl being chased through the woods by a bunch of soldiers. Wow! I'd hire her to play Jar-Eel any day.

Simon Hibbs

Haven't seen it yet, but... if she were Jar-Eel, wouldn't that be, "a bunch of soldiers being chased through the woods by a girl" ?

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, g33k said:

Haven't seen it yet, but... if she were Jar-Eel, wouldn't that be, "a bunch of soldiers being chased through the woods by a girl" ?

SPOILER ALERT

Let's just say that they are chasing her, and then she catches them.

Simon Hibbs

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!