Legal Down Load PDf's for RQ or related Material Free or Otherwise

Furry Fella

As I live on the other side of the world I frequently face paying as much or even more for a product in postage / freight than for the retail cost of the product. Thus electronic copy is a boon to those of us in the boonies.

The big issue is finding stuff that is both Legal & Safe to download. The finding can be horrific even after one gets to a good site as sod all is indexed. I have noted a few references to material that people have that was obtained as free download but they generally don't clear say from where / how to access.

It struck me that there are two benefits to a thread on this:

1. Finding the not legal so it can be cleaned up if that is the "owner's choice"

2. Using a much wider group to source what is still out there.

Actually finding print sources of material that doesn't cost mega bucks get get sent would be very nearly as good.

Cheers Brennan

3 minutes ago, Furry Fella said:

Using a much wider group to source what is still out there

Glorantha.com has a large amount of Gloranthan reference material. 

The wayback machine gives access to more of the older stuff that used to be on

Glorantha.com

moondesign.com

glorantha.info

the Runequest digest, bell digest, etc are all archived, indexed and available online

There is a body of material that hasn’t made it to pdf yet. RQ3 for example. Although @Rick Meintswill undoubtedly fit it in at some point.

also a few of the Glorantha classics aren’t available for technical reasons discussed elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Furry Fella said:

Finding the not legal so it can be cleaned up if that is the "owner's choice"

Please send those links directly to Chaosium, they are involved in cleanup. Chaosium and many others don’t tolerate Scribd, 4chan, m3ga, etc, large troves are constantly being taken down. In a few cases they are very successful, remember there is no microscope.

please don’t post links here  

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Thanks David, I hadn't come across glorantha.info before. Sorry if I'm sounding dumb but you refer to Runequest digest is that the Glorantha Digest  that is part of Glorantha Archives? If not please will you point me in the right direction.

The problem with Scribd is that they don't bother to police the documents section. Well that and the complete disaster that is searching. I do use Scribd's book reading facility having checked out its legitimacy - mostly to get a good idea of a books relevance and quality.

Regards,

Brennan

1 hour ago, Furry Fella said:

As I live on the other side of the world I frequently face paying as much or even more for a product in postage / freight than for the retail cost of the product. Thus electronic copy is a boon to those of us in the boonies.

The big issue is finding stuff that is both Legal & Safe to download. The finding can be horrific even after one gets to a good site as sod all is indexed. I have noted a few references to material that people have that was obtained as free download but they generally don't clear say from where / how to access.

It struck me that there are two benefits to a thread on this:

1. Finding the not legal so it can be cleaned up if that is the "owner's choice"

2. Using a much wider group to source what is still out there.

Actually finding print sources of material that doesn't cost mega bucks get get sent would be very nearly as good.

Cheers Brennan

Assuming you are in Australia, do check out our shipping rates in Australia - we do stock a fair amount of stuff locally in order to keep the freight costs down. 

16 hours ago, Jeff said:

Assuming you are in Australia, do check out our shipping rates in Australia - we do stock a fair amount of stuff locally in order to keep the freight costs down. 

Hi Jeff,

Actually its New Zealand (must look at settings to display location). I find when I look on the Chaosium site I get quoted US postal rates . Yes even Australian postal / freight charges would be an improvement over US ones. Not sure why I don't get rates from Australia?

Cheers,

Brennan

31 minutes ago, Furry Fella said:

Hi Jeff,

Actually its New Zealand (must look at settings to display location). I find when I look on the Chaosium site I get quoted US postal rates . Yes even Australian postal / freight charges would be an improvement over US ones. Not sure why I don't get rates from Australia?

Cheers,

Brennan

I believe you probably want Dustin Wright for this issue.  He is the Inhuman King of Customer Service at Chaosium.  Dustin@chaosium.com

Although if there is some funky web-config weirdness, maybe it's someone else; I dunno who's the go-to being for that one.

• Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, Furry Fella said:

Hi Jeff,

Cheers,

Brennan

Product pages on Chaosium.com show where a particular item is available as follows.

For example, this indicates the item is available from the Australian, USA and UK fulfilment warehouses:

5a7ab3c20f39e_ScreenShot2018-02-07at7_06_20pm.png.95e5680a47b0efc379758778eb2d6649.png

Whereas this item is only available in the US and UK:

inventory-location-example.png?t=1468096

Note, some items are unavailable from the UK or Australian warehouses, particularly older stock. So if you order these, the cart will quote shipping from the US.

There's more info about Global Fulfilment here: https://www.chaosium.com/global-fulfillment

But if you think there's a particular problem about your order, please contact Dustin!

Cheers,

MOB

• Thanks 2