Tobbe-A

What does Dragonewt plinths look like?

Dragonewts plinths are dotted over Dragon pass but I've not been able to find a description of them and much less any (canonical) images.

Also, what is the normal/common distance between them? I seem to recall a reference to there being four plinths on Colymar land.

11 minutes ago, Tobbe-A said:

but I've not been able to find a description of them and much less any (canonical) images.

The old Dragon Pass Gazeteer noted: "The physical manifestations of the Dragonewt Roads are the Dragonewt Plinths, large, square, rune-carved stones placed about 20 miles apart in straight lines between the cities."

This illustration from SKoH (p.243) has a piece of one.  Sartar Companion notes the one atop the Upper Starfire Ridge (one of the four on Colymar land): The plinth is a tall and peculiar standing stone made of an unknown type of rock. Crudely carved with draconic images and symbols, it is often visited by dragonewts and avoided by the locals.

These suggest tall and an irregular forms, perhaps rising from a square base.  Also that they have the Dragonewt rune plus other arcane symbols.

image.png.9112a97ba1cbfd961fb986b101fd83ab.png

The Guide To Glorantha also says this:

The roads are marked by peculiar standing stones which appear mostly to be crude and stylized representations of dragons, wyrms, and an otherwise unknown thing vulgarly called a “frogosaurus” in Dragon Pass and Peloria, a “ken majee” in Kralorela and Teleos, and a “hurler” in Ralios.

• Like 2

In RuneQuest, you can replenish Magic points by putting your hands on a dragonewt plinth, but dragonewts aren't very keen in the idea.

There is also an adamant spike beneath the Dragonewt Plinth in the Rainbow Mounds, whether that is the case for every dragonewt plinth, I am not sure, but I'd guess so. I really am surprised that more adventurers don't dig beneath dragonewt plinths to find out.

• Like 3