Tribal Edit Thread for 13th Age Glorantha Rule Book

MOB

I took care of the Tribal Edit corrections and sent them over to Chris Huth yesterday. We’re grateful to all of you who took the time to read and comment.

For the fun of it, here are some comments and responses to a few of your posts, in the order they came in.

davecake: aaaarg on the misspelling of Karrg! I went through and found a bunch more examples of that mistake, and got them all. // YOUR god’s name is the name I always get wrong, I always want to throw extra h’s into Lhankor Mhy, but the previous round of tribal edits on chapter 3 helped correct those errors.

GianniVacca: I’m so glad you noticed the screw-up with the KS backers whose names feature diacritical marks. I think we got them right now.

CJ: We’re going with one p for worshipers. One of the few cases in which Glorantha takes a cue from Chicago. (Chicago Manual of Style!)

BeronTheGrey: The shield chewer power is not a bonus power, you have to choose it normally. I think we made that more clear. // Thanks for all the things you spotted, some of which were difficult to see. // Just fyi, summon sawtooth python does have an entry for the champion feat, it’s over by the 5th level version of the spell where it becomes relevant. That’s probably text design that is better for playing than for reading.

Ebanith: The ‘community spirit’ we were referring to in that miss effect for the serviceable axe attack is actually the type of community spirit you have all demonstrated by helping us with the corrections! In other words, a bond of togetherness that helps the carls work together, not an actual ‘living’ spirit. I understand why it was confusing, because we don’t normally put that type of flavor text into the effect lines of attacks. So I cut the note to avoid confusion.

Thanks, again, everyone. Chris is handling the text revisions in layout, we’ll have the revised copy out soon, though a couple of us are traveling to the GAMA convention this weekend so we may be slowed down a notch.

• Like 2

Sorry if this is too late, but I still thought you should know.

Page 319: In the upper right, the words Water appear twice next to a Mastery Rune instead of the Water. 

Page 403: Inspire Scorpion Man. It says +15 early in the description yet later it says +19.  Over on page 426, the description of the power under Gagix Two-Barb says +19.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MOB locked and unpinned this topic