Anyone seen Hellas game?

PK Games

My first thought when I read about the game was, "That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard." Then, as I thought about it more, "There might be some potential..."

As time went on, I mentally warmed to the idea more and more. I realized my initial disgust was because, based on the name, I thought it would be a historic/mythology game. A Mythic Greece: Roleplaying in the time of Pericles, if you will. I'd been thinking that a BRP treatment of the Illiad and the Odyssey would be awesome.

I downloaded the pdf this morning. I haven't read it yet, but my wife is now intrigued by the setting as well, so I'll end up playing it. ;)

It's being run at a local con here in November, I may try and get in a game then.

What con is that?

I think its interesting because after seeing Mazes and Minotaurs I was contemplating doing a pseudo Planetary Romance style space-setting based on greek/roman mythos. And bam, here it is already done for me.

Just getting to that phase in my gaming career where I want everything to use similar systems. For ease of transition from one game to another.

Let me know what you think.

It's called MACE. I don't think the guy running the game has any affiliation with the publishers, but browsing the game schedule is where I learned of Hellas.

I'm starting to learn toward the single system theory as well. It makes life so much easier on the GM and players alike.

Once I get a chance to read the book, I'll let you know.

My first thought when I read about the game was, "That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard." Then, as I thought about it more, "There might be some potential...

First time i heard it I thought "Awesome! Ulysses 31 the RPG at last!", when I heard it used the Talislanta (Omni) system I was completely sold.