RQG : Some questions

Manu

Hi,

I plan to play next weekend a RQG scenario. Rulewise, it is based on RQG and if something is missing, then I'll use RQ3

But I have few questions that ight be answer (and I don't care if they are not 'official'

• How do we determine the spiritual damage. We have an example from the PC, but no rules.
  • I also have some question about parrying with weapon and shield. If the shield parry is successful against and special attack, the shield receive the special damage. But what if critical attack? Is the rule the same for parrying with a weapon? I would say yes and the shield is just better because it can parry missiles
  • And concerning the shield vs missile, it is not clear (to me at least) : when it is said that a small shield protects only the shield arm, does it mean that a successful parry is useful only if the hit location is the shield arm?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Manu said:
  • How do we determine the spiritual damage. We have an example from the PC, but no rules.
  • I also have some question about parrying with weapon and shield. If the shield parry is successful against and special attack, the shield receive the special damage. But what if critical attack? Is the rule the same for parrying with a weapon? I would say yes and the shield is just better because it can parry missiles
  • And concerning the shield vs missile, it is not clear (to me at least) :when it is said that a small shield protects only the shield arm, does it mean that a successful parry is useful only if the hit location is the shield arm?

In answer to your questions: 

• Spirit combat damage is based on POW+CHA:
    • 2-12 = 1D3
    • 13-24 = 1D6
    • 25-32 = 1D6+1
    • 33-40 = 1D6+3
    • 41-56 = 2D6+3
    • Assistant shamans begin with +1 spirit combat damage, and more experienced shamans better bonuses. 
  • For a critical attack vs. a parry, roll the special damage and apply the damage directly to the parrying shield/item, and any excess goes to the defender, bypassing armor protection. 
  • A successful shield parry always protects the defender against an missile weapon attack (unless the weapon attack bypasses the shield's hit points, as above). If desired, an adventurer can use a shield up to ward off missile fire without needing to parry. The shield will automatically protect the hit locations it normally protects... a small shield covers shield arm only, a medium shield covers shield arm and another hit location (player choice), and a large shield protects the shield arm and two other hit locations (player's choice). No parry roll is required... any hits to those locations hit the shield instead. 
  • Like 2