Here's the new (and final) logo for RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha

MOB

12 hours ago, Mankcam said:

rqlogo9.png?t=1521627392

I like this one. As far as the scroll work and runes/subtitle interfering... get rid of the scroll work. Leave the rules. Another option would be to split the rune bar, raise it slightly, so that you have the scroll work in the middle. 

SDLeary

4 hours ago, MJ Sadique said:

Not so bad with a Simple Color inverted wich create a darker borderline and a sunset type colour blend ! ...
5ab3e300d1682_RQNewLogo(inverted).jpg.a5736ba39d3a019858d58504d7679e2a.jpg

And With any other Colors... it's still OK...(I could even say it's great :p)
5ab3e2ffd247c_RQNewLogo(RedGreenBlue).jpg.a9107a4845a9a3c608e8f182fb8e5c52.jpg

True, I just can't get over that E and S. It just looks so wrong, to the point that it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the title font.

SDLeary

Edited by SDLeary

12 hours ago, Jason Durall said:

Here's the thing. The RuneQuest logo needs to be readable on the spine of the book. Ideally, at a distance. 

The one we didn't use (with the ornate scrollwork at top and bottom) is too thick vertically for easy placement. So you have to remove the runes and the red designwork to make it fit. At that point, it's another Celtic uncial title, which we were not thrilled with. 

Not technically true. The Guide has a plain spine with a nice readable font. This actually makes it stand out better and makes it identifiable from a greater distance. 

And I think Uncial fonts have been over done too; perhaps replacing with a strong Roman font. The overall design of that logo is pretty good, just get rid of the scroll work, or split the rune line into two.

SDLeary

9 hours ago, styopa said:

I will be making a dust cover for the RQG rules from this, and will certainly be uploading it for sharing.

I mean, it's critical we protect important books.

Let me know how much it'd cost to print up a few extras ... I may need to buy one (or more).

Also, please consider printing oversized, on a slipcover, so I can FINALLY get a decent treatment for the GtG ..

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

As someone who has never played RuneQuest, reading through all various logos over the years from the article, this one stood out to me as the best and definitely my favorite. I agree that if it was oriented like the one that was chosen (RQ on top, runes in middle, RP in G on the bottom) it would be perfect.

rqlogo9.png?t=1521627392  

One thing I am confused about with the final chosen one, why yellow instead of red? Going by the article, red definitely seems to be the iconic color of the RuneQuest line, just seems odd to abandon that.

1 hour ago, Jigawatts said:

One thing I am confused about with the final chosen one, why yellow instead of red? 

57 minutes ago, Grievous said:

Prolly because yellow looks better in the cover? ^_^

31 minutes ago, Richard S. said:

To all the people confused about the color, you do realize it's probably not that hard to change it if necessary, right?

A complete story in three posts. 

• Like 3