Any interest i new material? Status of License?

Baelor

So I use Legend as some of the basis for my own brand of d100 RPG, and find it quite useful. Looking at the Mongoose site, it looks like they have completely removed anything that is not a sales item, and I could find no reference to a License.

Anyone out there still using Legend?  Does anyone know the status of the open license for it?

I am exploring the idea of creating material that would work for it, and of course would be fairly compatible with other d100 systems too. I would be interested in knowing whether you would consider purchasing pdfs (with possible print option) of such things as scenarios, creatures, items, and settings.

• Like 2

The open licence is still valid, I believe. There is an OGL in the Legend Rulebook that covers Legend material.

I would love to see more Legend material, but would be very surprised if it came from Mongoose.

At the moment, I am leaning towards Revolution rather than Legend for writing new material.

Yes, I would purchase Legend PDFs and try to pick up any Legend material out there.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 2018-03-31 at 4:21 PM, Baelor said:

I have Mythras and I like it. If I do put stuff out it will be pretty much Mythras enabled too.

Very glad you like Mythras!

We do welcome fan materials, but please note that Mythras isn't OGL like Legend. We have a very simple, straightforward license that you can view on our website - or drop me a line if you have any questions.

• Like 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Mythras and Legend are similar enough that it would be easy to use a Legend supplement with Mythras and vice versa.

As Legend is OGL, it is easier to produce supplements, as no permission is required.

However, Loz and Pete are very nice people and are very reasonable and practical, so licence negotiations should be OK, unless they are possessed by Business Demons, in which case all bets are off.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here