Baelor

Any interest i new material? Status of License?

So I use Legend as some of the basis for my own brand of d100 RPG, and find it quite useful. Looking at the Mongoose site, it looks like they have completely removed anything that is not a sales item, and I could find no reference to a License.

Anyone out there still using Legend?  Does anyone know the status of the open license for it?

I am exploring the idea of creating material that would work for it, and of course would be fairly compatible with other d100 systems too. I would be interested in knowing whether you would consider purchasing pdfs (with possible print option) of such things as scenarios, creatures, items, and settings.

• Like 2

The open licence is still valid, I believe. There is an OGL in the Legend Rulebook that covers Legend material.

I would love to see more Legend material, but would be very surprised if it came from Mongoose.

At the moment, I am leaning towards Revolution rather than Legend for writing new material.

Yes, I would purchase Legend PDFs and try to pick up any Legend material out there.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1

OK. Good to know. Thanks soltakss,  for your reply. I have not looked at Revolution, but am doing so now!

Mythras is another grate rule system and probably the closest rules to Legened out there. But I would happily buy any new product written for Legened or Revolution.

I have Mythras and I like it. If I do put stuff out it will be pretty much Mythras enabled too.

Edited by Baelor
  • Like 2

On 2018-03-31 at 4:21 PM, Baelor said:

I have Mythras and I like it. If I do put stuff out it will be pretty much Mythras enabled too.

Very glad you like Mythras!

We do welcome fan materials, but please note that Mythras isn't OGL like Legend. We have a very simple, straightforward license that you can view on our website - or drop me a line if you have any questions.

• Like 1

I have yet to play it but Mythras is so cool in its presentation and so obviously a work of love that I bought two just to help support the team.   Really a beautiful book in my opinion.

• Like 1

Mythras and Legend are similar enough that it would be easy to use a Legend supplement with Mythras and vice versa.

As Legend is OGL, it is easier to produce supplements, as no permission is required.

However, Loz and Pete are very nice people and are very reasonable and practical, so licence negotiations should be OK, unless they are possessed by Business Demons, in which case all bets are off.

• Like 1

I am not interested in alienating anyone, and would be happy to talk to the principles for Mythras when the time comes. Business demons though . . .  hmmm, maybe some kind of deal can be arranged.

• Like 1