re-incarnating with others' bodies

Charles

On 11/04/2018 at 11:50 PM, Richard S. said:

I wouldn't say Delecti counts as he's not really a demigod, just a really powerful sorcerer.

And why shouldn’t a really powerful sorcerer become the equivalent of a demigod? Delecti was pretty advanced in the EWF, so likely achieved draconic illumination. Which would mean that he has at least some access to forms of magic other than sorcery.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Charles said:

And why shouldn’t a really powerful sorcerer become the equivalent of a demigod? Delecti was pretty advanced in the EWF, so likely achieved draconic illumination. Which would mean that he has at least some access to forms of magic other than sorcery.

It would possibly be a sliding scale ....  ones persons powerful; sorcerer another persons Demi-God.

Edited by Jon Hunter

2 hours ago, Jon Hunter said:

It would possibly be a sliding scale ....  ones persons powerful; sorcerer another persons Demi-God.

If I remember correctly something @Jeff said a while back, there are some consequences to becoming a demigod. The two that I remember is that the aura becomes visible to all, often/usually as a golden skin, and it becomes increasingly difficult for the demigod to lie and, in particular, they are bound to perform any action that they say they will perform.

40 minutes ago, Charles said:

... and it becomes increasingly difficult for the demigod to lie and, in particular, they are bound to perform any action that they say they will perform.

I note how the RQG paired-rune "affinities" have an 80/20 breakpoint, where at 80% you automatically follow the impulse of your Rune affinity, unless you roll to beat it.  This aspect of Demi-Godhood sounds like an extension of the 80% Runic Affinity.

I presume that with the Disorder rune there would some other impact than that whole "bound by your word" thing.  Maybe "bound to make the promisee miserable by your adherence" and/or "bound to keep the letter but break the spirit of the promise" or some such ... ?

Edited by g33k
clarity ("this" used 2X in sentence but meaning 2 different things)
  • Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 15/04/2018 at 5:15 AM, jeffjerwin said:

Because the Red Goddess is probably made out of seven different parts of seven different Lunar gods, only one has to be male for her to have both genders

Some of the gods that are recognised as past incarnations of the goddess are of ambiguous gender. She is capable of being both and either.

The Red Emperor is more mythically her son, though also part of her (but then, she is everyone, and we are all us)

On 17/04/2018 at 1:57 AM, g33k said:

I note how the RQG paired-rune "affinities" have an 80/20 breakpoint, where at 80

Remember, Illuminated can cheat, and use both runes of an opposed pair. In RQG this probably means that raising a Rune no longer lowers its opposite. Illuminated Red Godess initiates can use both Life and Death, Illuminated Irripi Ontor both Truth and Illusion, etc. 

Not quite sure, different schools of Illumination/Mysticism . They may normally only only be able to access opposed pairs that their school teaches about. 

24 minutes ago, davecake said:

Remember, Illuminated can cheat, and use both runes of an opposed pair. In RQG this probably means that raising a Rune no longer lowers its opposite. Illuminated Red Godess initiates can use both Life and Death, Illuminated Irripi Ontor both Truth and Illusion, etc. 

That's an interesting notion.  It makes Illumination /VERY/ powerful.

C'es ne pas un .sig

The ability to use incompatible runes is the rarest of the 7 well known Illuminate powers. By no means every Illuminate has this power - and I think it’s quite specific in which powers are accessible by who. An Illuminated Seven Mother’s initiate might get to combine both Life and Death. Some might get to combine Truth and Illusion. But the Lunar path doesn’t usually provide a way to access both Harmony and Disorder.