Art in the RQG Bestiary ?

g33k

Hi there @Jeff and/or @Jason Durall --

I just suddenly wondered... will the new "Bestiary" book (is that title firm, btw, or just a functional working label?) have the "classic monstermanual" layout of 1 "feature" art-piece per species and maybe 1-few more pieces for the "major" entries such as the ones that get the "official PC" treatment in this book?

Or is that issue still being decided?

Or ... ?

BTW ... where do I send the bills?   I swear the recent spate of teasers (new blog!  new "show not tell" teasers from MOB!) have me drooling so bad I'm gonna run through several keyboards before I can finally get my grubby paws on any RQG product... and it's obviously Chasium's fault!!!  Great work, and I'm *SO* looking forward to this!

Edited by g33k
styopa
  • Like 3

C'es ne pas un .sig

The Glorantha Bestiary is heavily illustrated by (IIRC) a single artist, and all unique RQ species and most fantasy creatures have 1 or more illustrations, and many picture more than one member of the species... either a male and female, or multiples where there's a lot of diversity. There are also many, many spot images throughout featuring elements of anatomy, culture, artifacts, expressions, etc.

Hope this helps answer your question.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jason Durall said:

It more than "helps" -- you have gone above and beyond the call of duty, sir!

And you have redoubled my pain at the fact that Chaosium STILL refuses to SUATMM ...

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 8:16 AM, Jason Durall said:

The Glorantha Bestiary is heavily illustrated by (IIRC) a single artist, and all unique RQ species and most fantasy creatures have 1 or more illustrations, and many picture more than one member of the species... either a male and female, or multiples where there's a lot of diversity. There are also many, many spot images throughout featuring elements of anatomy, culture, artifacts, expressions, etc.

something tells me folks were hoping for a sneak peak :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jon Hunter said:

something tells me folks were hoping for a sneak peak :)

I wouldn't object to a peek... but honestly only wanted that query answered, about the "feel" of the book in terms of art/layout/etc.

I understand the Bestiary to be a cycle behind the corebook, and would be surprised if nuChaosium went off-message so far, and introduced confusion, by inserting promo-material for other content into the core-book run-up campaign.  But I'm more than willing to believe they could see some reason to do so, and if they did I'd put money on them making the best call for the line.

Edited by g33k
I HATE that silly spelling!

C'es ne pas un .sig