New HQ products?

Sky River Titan

20 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

... Another to explore some faraway Gloranthan region ... 

I hope this gets fleshed-out a bit and posted on the Glorantha subforum; sooner-rather-than-later seems good, at least to begin teaser/promo.

The grognards are grumbling again about how "official Glorantha" seems to be stuck in the Sartar/DP/Prax region forever... here's new HQ content in ComingStorm & 11L and it's... Sartar, oh yay.  New RQG and it's... DP, oh joy.  ;)   Apparently the want "official" content for some of that "faraway" Glorantha.

Of course, grognards will grumble.  It's what we/they do; it was part of the original (Napoleonic) definition.

For the record, though -- this isn't MY grumble.  I'm happy with the new content that's coming out!   I just notice this as the first I've seen from Chaosium with plans to answer this oft-repeated request.

C'es ne pas un .sig

5 hours ago, g33k said:

here's new HQ content in ComingStorm & 11L and it's... Sartar, oh yay.  New RQG and it's... DP, oh joy

... For the record, though -- this isn't MY grumble.  I'm happy with the new content that's coming out! 

Given that it took 30 years to get the first Sartar campaign out the door, and we've never had a Sartar campaign in RQ, I certainly don't have issue with that setting.  So not my grumble either.

But with those out the door, an opportunity to expand into some new Glorantha settings will be good.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I have been summoned.

I'm hoping to work with the rest of the team to get ourselves in a position to have some very definite announcements at UK Games Expo. We will obviously share by all the channels after that.

To clarify one point above, we are looking at 3-4 'books' every two years. The 'book' is notional, and probably best viewed as a 'project' because we might split a project into multiple volumes for reasons of pipeline, shipping costs, time-to-market etc.

That said, I can say reasonably certainly that the projects will include:

• Non-Gloranthan HQ genre packs,
  • The 'rebel' story from Sartar Rising (i.e. Battle of Iceland, Dragonrise) that you can weave as additional events into your 'clan' campaign. This was material that we considered off-stage for 11L, partially due to space requirements. A goal here would be that between TCS, 11L, and this book you would have the information to run a complete Sartar Rising period campaign
  • A Fonrit book

Of course, the usual warning apply, projects may never turn into actual books etc. as the road of trials is fraught with dangers. But we have an active line and we hope to get new material to you. We do need to decide how to dovetail into the material coming for RQG. For now, we will focus on Sartar Rising era campaign material in and around DP. Once the smoke clears on RQG's releases to establish their post 1627+ material we will look to our best approach to Argrath Rising era material and how we mesh with it. The Fonrit material opens up a new area, that we hope comes with less weight and is attractive to those who don't want to delve into DP's richness. Of course if it succeeds we may build on that line. Harrek is nearby in that period for example.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Aprewett said:

Is the Big Rubble HQ book still on the table?

2 hours ago, Iskallor said:

I'd like a Prax book too, before more Sartar, though a Fonrit book sounds great.

it is likely that these books will have their first presentation as RuneQuest books, with HeroQuest support added in whatever we eventually land upon (appendix, sidebars, separate PDF genre pack) etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iskallor said:

A bit odd as the last Pavis book was HQ.

So HQ will now take a backseat? Why not stick with what you have been doing?

Then we'll get a change of rules again lol.

It's clearer how to do the Big Rubble in RQ for one.

Obviously, my goal is to figure out the best way to give you the Big Rubble in HQG alongside that. But the smoke needs to clear a little.

Again, I will try to do the best thing I can for this community and your feedback will help influence what happens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ian Cooper said:

This is still a discussion item so I don't want to make an 'official' announcement as yet (and your feedback could influence it). Right now, that would be the way to bet.

I suppose as it's easier for HQ as there's no stats for NPC's. I hope it doesn't just get the 1625+ treatment as I don't want to play in that era. 

• Like 3

On 27 de abril de 2018 at 11:52 AM, Ian Cooper said:

• Non-Gloranthan HQ genre packs,
  • The 'rebel' story from Sartar Rising (i.e. Battle of Iceland, Dragonrise) that you can weave as additional events into your 'clan' campaign. This was material that we considered off-stage for 11L, partially due to space requirements. A goal here would be that between TCS, 11L, and this book you would have the information to run a complete Sartar Rising period campaign
  • A Fonrit book

This looks awesome. 👍

as for the Rubble book, I think it is easier for a HeroQuest GM to turn RQ books into HQ-material. The other way around is more complicated. Now Chaosium has three different Glorantha Fans to satisfy, it would be great if they found ways for books to be reused for the other rulesets easily. IMHO, PDF with statblocks or help in how to turn a HQ/13AG scenario into RuneQuest would be great. Viceversa as well.

• Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

On 4/28/2018 at 2:27 PM, Iskallor said:

I suppose as it's easier for HQ as there's no stats for NPC's. I hope it doesn't just get the 1625+ treatment as I don't want to play in that era. 

One option for now is to focus HQG on the 'classic' 1625- era, and let RQG focus on the 1627+ era and add genre packs to help play them. Certainly, that could mean if there was a 1625+ Rubble book we could do a 1625- presentation in a genre pack...

The complexity right now would be trying to write two Big Rubble books, an RQG and an HQG one at the same time. That is the major obstacle to navigate.

• Like 1

I think it would be a good idea to make HQ distinct from RQ. 

I'm not saying it's a brilliant business strategy, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of a focus on heroquesting on all levels, details, pragmatics, et cetera. Some examples:

• Catalogue of Orlanthi heroquests (and the same for the others, like Lunars, Dara Happans, Holy Country, etc etc ... and, of course, Kyger Litor). This could be a basically infinitely long series of themed quests. Subparts: Orlanth and the Dragons etc.
  • What Arkat did and how
  • That thing at Castle Blue
  • Visiting the various Ages of God Time
  • Delecti, Sir Ethilrist and others
  • Harreksaga, Argrathsaga (I always insist that Argrath is a placeholder for the PCs)
  • Mostali
  • Aldryami
  • Uz
  • The Pharaoh, rise and fall
  • Some misunderstood Second Age fellows that have been judged far too harshly by history
  • River of Cradles rewritten for HQ

In short, HQ could be the vanguard and laboratory, and provide an opportunity to grapple with how we actually take the game to the mythic level in a satisfying way. Perhaps a tough prescription, but it would be worth it. 

• Like 2