Post-Apocalyptic Cthulhu

TrippyHippy

Has there been any more thought on this as a future era book? 

I think it was highlighted in the Cthulhu: Through The Ages supplement with some rules in the Cthulhu End Times section. It was also mooted in discussion about Sandy Peterson's Cthulhu Wars miniatures games. 

I would guess that there is a long term schedule out there somewhere, along with the various priorities, but is there an appetite for such a setting and a likelihood of seeing one?

I'm in the middle of reading a great book of short stories called: Apotheosis: Stories of Human Survival After The Rise Of The Elder Gods, and it's entirely short stories in the vein you're talking about. Highly recommended, and may even spark some ideas for you. They show some of the essential "alien-ness" that a post-elder-god Earth would be like.

On 4/24/2018 at 10:15 PM, TrippyHippy said:

Has there been any more thought on this as a future era book?

Although not directly related to Call of Cthulhu, you might be interested in this news update that I posted a few days back on the Cthulhu Reborn blog. We are actively working at present to create a book of d100-based Lovecraftian post-Apocalypse RPG scenarios -- though it probably won't see release until at least late 2018.

Dean (from Cthulhu Reborn)

It might be worthwhile -- for DIY campaigns, awaiting formal CoC-branded / d100-mechanics content -- to mine some other games, too... the Unisystem game Armageddon may be relevant; their "Mad Gods" seem very Mythos-inspired.  Likewise Deadlands:Hell on Earth may have useful content.  I bet others too, but those ones came immediately to mind.

C'es ne pas un .sig