If there was a 3d printable gothic/victorian city terrain system/set that was very modular and very versatile, would you consider getting a 3d printer?

FEATURES such as:

- horizontal and vertical connection system

- over a half dozen roof textures

- modular roofing allowing thousands of building shapes/sizes

What would you like to see in a Arkham-esque terrain/tile system?

www.rocketpiggames.com

I don't use miniatures or terrain; some plastic tokens on a quickly-sketched map on paper is about as much tactical representation as my games ever need. So I think I'm not your target audience.

I'll be interested to hear whether other folks use minis or terrain for Call of Cthulhu, though.

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

We use miniatures a lot when we play Magic World / BRP but not at all with CoC. Maybe it’s because most of our CoC games have very little combat. You might check out what Delta Green players like. It has a bigger combat focus.

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I am of the opinion that the new RQ would benefit more from this sort of terrain that C'thulhu.  Often allowing the player's mind to do the work makes for better horror than pushing minifigs around a map.  On the other hand, turning hungry ghouls under Arkham Municipal Graveyard into a Space Hulk game was fun for my crew as a sideshow, so perhaps there is a market for this?

Most Cthulhu Investigations take place in every day buildings/towns.  So, I don't think the way tiles have been used in most games would serve Cthulhu as well.  And I'm thinking about a tile being an entire room.  CoC would benefit from room part tiles.  Even down to furniture.  I imagine Cthulhu tiles being short wall segments and furniture tiles, giving the Keeper the freedom to build whatever rooms in buildings they want.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would love to use terrain when playing CoC. City streets, cars, trains, junks, partial or complete steam ships, and various other vehicles, modular rooms including police stations, jail cells, mining offices, asylums, doctors' office, surgery, guard house, train stations, museums, Egyptian and other ancient tombs, docks, warehouses, rope bridges, jungle and desert camp sites ... the list could be endless.

I'd be particularly keen if the designers were to take cues from the more famous CoC campaigns.

I'll keep an eye on the Facebook page.